Exam Result

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

danielTikvara

passed OCA Java SE 8 exam

Post by danielTikvara »

Yesterday I passed 1Z0-808 Java SE 8 Programmer I exam with 81%. Enthuware was one of my main preparation tools and I finding it's very useful. All recommendation. Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Exam Result

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Daniel! Good score!!
Glad to know our s/w was helpful in your preparation :)
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

CagriKahraman

Post by CagriKahraman »

Hi,

I just passed 1Z0-808 Java SE 8 Programmer I exam today with 67%, I am lucky :P There was a lot of . tricky questions. I had limited time to study, work for the OCA book for 2 weeks, and almost 10 days for Enthuware. When I got 70% from the test 7 I decided to get my exam day. I got 64% from last day test. So I got the average of this to test. I know it it not to high but enough for me to be get more motivated.

This is what i realize when i was taking the test, I always said that "I saw this question before".

Thank you Enthuware, you did a great job for this question bank, and discussions for each question is very helpful.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing the exam, Cagri!
Glad to know our questions were helpful in your preparation :)
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

JuergGogo

Post by JuergGogo »

Hi Paul,
Today I passed the OCA / 1Z0-808 certification with 84%. Enthuware and your support in the forum have been an enormous help for me. Thank you, Paul!
My skills would have allowed a higher score, but ... the time is really scarce. I didn't have time not even for a natural break and just finished at the latest seconds (the same in your mock tests). Making decision under time pressure is challenging.
Thank you!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Juerg! Yes, attempting questions in the real exam is definitely more challenging than taking mock exams. But you did it. Good job indeed :)

Glad to know our services were helpful :)

fanfa86

Post by fanfa86 »

Hi guys,
today i passed the OCA 1Z0-808 exam with 91% on first attempt. I was already a Java programmer and this has been my exam preparation (overall i spent about 100 hours only on saturday and holidays, never after work or on sunday):

I started reading "OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Exam Guide (Exams 1Z0-808)" by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates at 24 July, making self test at the end of every chapter with an average score of 64% (i've read every chapter only one time)
After that i didn't study anymore, but i continued praticing by doing mock exams, initially with simulator provided with book (about 500 questions) and then using enthuware OCA java 8 with this result

Date Test Result
04/09 Foundation 78%
05/09 Test 1 71%
06/09 Test 2 81%
07/09 Test 3 84%
08/09 Test 4 80%
09/09 Test 5 76%
16/09 Test 6 86%
23/09 Test 7 84%
07/10 Last day 74%
14/10 Easy (30 question) 90%
14/10 Tough (30 question) 90%
19/10 Very tough (30 question) 77%
19/10 Most missed (30 question) 77%

Average mock exam score: 79%
Real exam score: 91%

As said by other people, real exam is easier than Enthuware mock exams, so if you are comfortable with them don't be afraid
Last edited by fanfa86 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great job, Fanfa! Congratulations!!!

Standalone

Post by Standalone »

Foundation: 78%
Test 1: 66%
Test 2: 80%
Test 3: 73%
Test 4: 80%
Test 5: 64% (bad day :shock:)
Test 6: 74%
Test 7: 67%
Last day: 76%
Real exam: 85%

As others has said, the real thing felt much easier than the practice exams. I'm pleased with my result as it's higher than I was expecting based on my practice attempts. I even realised a few silly mistakes I'd made on the way home, so could have been higher! I thought after reading the Boyarsky and Selikoff book I'd be prepared, but I definitely would not have passed without the Enthuware tests. Thank you for providing such a great service.

nagrim7

Post by nagrim7 »

Passed IZO-808 exam today with a grade of 95%. Prior to this i have experience with Java chiefly with designing Android app etc. I did really bad on mock exams since I am mostly self-taught in Java, average of ~65% sometimes worse on mock exams but I reviewed everything I missed and visited forums for the harder questions I didn't really uunderstand. I also use the official Study guide for the course (Recommended book #1 i think) and went over online materials including practice exams. then I took the last day mock exam once I felt i was prepared and got the most decent grade of all my attempts, then reviewed all the questions (regardless of whether missed) from the mock exams before taking the actual exam. Thanks Enthuware the explanations in particular were very good!

Last day: 84%
Real exam: 95%

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great job, Nagrim7!! Congratulations :) Glad to know our material was helpful in your preparation.

R2-D2-

Post by R2-D2- »

As Enthuware helped me so much, I feel compelled to share my results here.

My mock exam scores:
Test 1: 73%
Test 2: 76%
Test 3: 79%
Test 4: 80%
Test 5: 74%
Test 6: 80%
Test 7: 80%
Last day: 83%

Real exam: 87% :D

It's been said many times before, but the mock exams are extremely similar to the real exam. The main difference, in my opinion, is that the real exam has some very easy 'giveaways', easier than most of the 'very easy' questions in the mock exams. There were some pretty hard questions too though, just like in the mock exam. So on average I guess that's why the real exam scores are higher than the scores on the mock exams.

Thanks again to Paul and your team (if there is a team? :)), I don't think I would've pulled it off without you!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations and thank you for your kind words. We are glad to know our services were helpful in your preparation :)
Paul.

SinisterBBT

Post by SinisterBBT »

Hi,

Today I passed my 1Z0-809 with score 83%
My enthuware test scores:
73%, 59%, 61%, 71%, 76%, 72% (last day exam)
Additionally, after passing all test except last day.
I reviewed all the questions (except "not in syllabus" part because I had absolutely no time)
in LeitnerMode -> QuestionView with writing notes for myself
in order to have something for last hour selfcheck.
The exam felt even a bit harder than preparation because almost all questions had big source listings
and much less questions were just "select right answer to a question from 4-5 alternatives". I would roughly estimate at least 2/3 of the exam as "tough and very tough" probably with several "real brainer" questions. Be ready for this!
Because of that I barelly managed to finish before time was over and to check a couple of questions that had looked suspicious to me when I passed them. You will have exactly the same ability to mark such questions as it is provided in enthuware software.
If I had just 1 week more for preparation I would feel myself much more confident. My suggestion is that you should not try the exam before passing at least a couple of enthuware tests with 80 score.

Big thanks to enthuware team. Without you I would not pass this exam for sure.

Rinkesh

Post by Rinkesh »

Hi everyone,I passed my OCJA8(1ZO-808) exam today with a score of 75%.Here are my Mock Test Scores:

Foundation Test - 64%(Failed)
Test 1 - 74%
Test 2 - 59%(Failed)
Test 3 - 66%
Test 4 - 69%
Test 5 - 56%(Failed)
Test 6 - 74%
Test 7 - 60%(Failed)
Last Day Test - 67%

Real Exam - 75%

I was expecting a bit more(80%) but I messed up in 2-3 Questions,It's fine though that I cleared this exam since it was my first Oracle certification exam and I belong to Non-IT Background(Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering) but If I give OCJP8 or OCJA9 exams in future then I will surely more score than this no matter what happens.Some questions were very similar to Enthuware Mocks(Few even Same).So,good luck to everyone who wants to give it in future and last but not the least,A huge thanks to the man himself.Paul you truly are an amazing programmer and I hope that one day I could be as good as you.I am becoming more and more passionate about programming day by day.Btw,the question I asked you about exception reference variables was the last doubt I had before exam.xD I am a Electronics and TeleCommunications Graduate but I want to work in IT and I am looking for a job at a fresher level and so far,I have learned Java,SQL,PL-SQL and Android.Is that sufficient Paul for a fresher?

Finally,A big big thank you to the Enthuware Team for providing such a quality software and being responsive at lightning speed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Rinkesh! Coming from a non-IT background, you did great! Happy to know that you liked our services.

Java and PL/SQL are the basics. Most professional projects also require a basic understanding of web based architectures and ORM. So you might want to read about Servlet/JSP/JavaScript and JPA.

HTH,
Paul.

Rinkesh

Post by Rinkesh »

Okay A Huge thank you once again.You as well as Enthuware team rocks!

neosphere

Post by neosphere »

:thumbup: Congratulation..!!! rsscssr

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

I had no experience in Java language. 7 month of learning. Real exam - 81%. Not so bad. Real exam easier than test, but in real exam you are in hurry and nervous.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Sergey!

jnesler

Post by jnesler »

I majorly bombed the OCA 2 years ago (47% yikes!) when I took it, with minimal knowledge of Java 8. The test was unlike anything I'd had to do before, I'd only been exposed to Java5 in college back in 2007. I didn't look at the exam again and continued rudimentary coding.

But after 3 months of hard studying and using your program, along with the Sybex study books, I passed today with a 70%

THANK YOU SO MUCH ENTHUWARE! I'm so excited to be at this level and am stoked to start preparing for the OCP!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's great! Good job jnesler. Congratulations!!!
Glad to know our product was helpful in your preparation :)

radupana

Post by radupana »

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to the Enthuware team. You were one of the main reasons I passed my 1Z0-809 exam today with a score of 92%.

chinni2487

Post by chinni2487 »

Thanks to the enthuware team. I passed my OCAJP with 88%. Was hitting all 60's during the practice. But was confident of cracking the exam. The questions in the question bank appears in the real exam as well.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, radupana and chinni2487!!!
Glad to know our product was helpful in your preparation :)