Exam Result

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

jadabesi

Re: Exam Result

Post by jadabesi »

I have passed the exam 1Z0-851 today scoring 80%
I liked Enthuware product, it was very helpful for me, i didn't have much time to pass all the existing questions in the bank, i had an objective to get the certification quickly to move on to another objective.
The only thing that was bothering me during the exam, one hour passed i felt i was very hungry even if i took a hearty breakfast
when i was training i have never took a test without a break :oops:

80% satisfy me ;) , Thank you a lot all Enthuware team

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations! Great job!!
Glad to know our s/w was helpful in your preparation :)
-Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

slomanojlo

Post by slomanojlo »

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I passed the 1Z0-803 JE7 Java Associate Programmer I test!
I've started learning Java and directly preparing for this exam 10 months ago, without previous programming knowledge.

My main learning manual was Mala Gupta's OCA Java SE7 book.
A month ago I started doing Enthuware mock exams:
Test 1 March 23 - 51%
Test 2 March 24 - 63%
Test 3 March 25 - 66%
Test 4 March 30 - 63%
Test 5 March 31 - 71%
Test 6 April 5 - 71%
Lastday test April 8 - 63%

On the 16th of April 2016 I passed the real exam with 63%. I was quite lucky :)
I would loved to have had 15 more minutes to review deeply my answers. I started panicking 30 minutes before the end, but that gave me the strength to focus back on the test.

Thanks Enthuware, you've helped me a lot, I've read every topic about each question in your mock exams and was quite useful, beside the software's explanation, to see check what are the doubts of the rest of the candidates.

I really recommend it.

From Belgrade with love,
Slobodan

rvt1234

Post by rvt1234 »

Passed 1Z0-808 with 91%
Passed 1Z0-809 with 71%

what's next???

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!
You can go for JPA or Java Web Services certification.
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

johnstafford

Post by johnstafford »

Passed Java 8 OCA exam on Saturday, got 81%. My tuppence worth:
1. The Enthuware mocks are excellent preparation for the real exam. I was in and around the pass mark on the mock exams, the first few of them I failed but the feedback from the mocks told me my weakest areas (although it seemed that my weakest area was exam dependent!) and as I seen exception handling showing up as a weakness in most exams, I put a lot of time into this in the lead up to the actual exam and I must have done fairly well in the end!
2. The Enthuware mock exams prepare you for the question which, with 2 minutes to answer in an exam, would probably throw you. For example, questions regarding bytecode, platform independency, etc appeared in the mock exams and appeared again on the actual exam. As I had encountered them in the mocks, I could think quicker as I was prepared for them and had seen similar questions before. Even though we all think we'd know the answer, put under pressure it can be hard to get these correct.
3. There are certain areas you will not pass without a deep understanding of. I think inheritance, exception handling, polymorphism, casting, encapsulation, loops, variable scopes, etc - if you do not understand these concepts very well you will not pass the exam. Things like lambda's, etc you could possibly pass without as there is 1 maximum 2 questions on these but I think it is worth the bit of effort to cover everything - there is no point losing marks unnecessarily.
4. Be prepared for an environment different from your study room. In my test centre, I was given a set of earplugs on the way in. I was thinking "seriously, will I need these", and when I got in and sat down there was 10 people behind me typing furiously. In went the earplugs! Also I got a dreadful white board marker and a laminated page - very different from my perfect writing with a pen and page approach. It is amazing how different it is trying to look at a variable in 1cm thick writing compared to a pen! Again, only a small thing, but more of a difference than I was expecting.
5. I felt I was over obsessing about the clock, I had just under 2 minutes per question so I checked every 5 questions that I was under 10 minutes, but I think it has to be done. It means you wont spend too much time on one question. If you cant get the answer in 2 minutes, mark it and come back at the end if you have time. You will probably have 10-15 minutes at the end to go through the leftovers. I found I did anyway. For every question which takes 2 minutes, one will take 20 seconds.
6. ***NEVER EVER EVER forget variable scopes*** Several questions had compiler errors which were hidden by making me focus on other parts of the question. It turned out to be the first thing I checked in each question, and at least 5 questions had this as the problem I thought.
Hope it goes well for everyone else. Will maybe start studying for the OCP at the end of the Irish Summer (so, probably in about 3 days!)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing the exam. We are happy to know that our s/w was helpful in your preparation :)

Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback!
Paul.

JaredTse

Post by JaredTse »

Hi Paul,

And all who have been replying to my questions in this forum, sometimes stupid, but I always learned something. And with that in mind, yesterday I have passed my OCA with a 72%,

Thanks for answering my questions. Aiming for OCP now, in September.

Just when you thought I am gone ;-)

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!! Glad to know that our services were helpful in your preparation :)
Paul.

Arxell

Post by Arxell »

So I did my first cert ever (voucher from work) and it was Java SE 7 - 1Z0-803.

I red Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 Programmer Study Guide 2012 but OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I and II Study Guide Exams 1Z0-803 and 1Z0-804 was sooo much better.
I recommended enthuware at work to my colleagues as it was recommended to me :-)

Next stop is 1Z0-804 - not sure if in this year (would be awesome).
I'm not sure about the technique of learning - I was doing only mock exams, on last day I started Leitner mode - btw I had only 11 questions learned :D.
Maybe there should be possibility to exclude questions from all mock exams? So that we could learn something before taking mock exams (if there are so many question in Question Bank)? Just a little suggestion

I think I had 2-3 questions which was almost 1:1 like the mock questions

Here's my struggle with enthuware mock exams

Starter April 16 - 53%
Test 1 April 23 - 51%
(again)Starter May 3 - 87%
Test 2 May 5: 60%
(again)Test 1 June 1 - 81%
Test 3 June 2 - 84%
Test 4 June 4 - 70%
(again)Test 2 June 5 - 81%
Test 5 June 5 - 71%
Test 6 June 6 - 79%
Last Day Test June 7 - 79%
Most Missed Test June 7 - 84%

REAL EXAM June 8 - passed with 90%

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations! Great score!!
Thanks for your suggestion. We will think about it.

-Paul.

CarlosCB1986

Post by CarlosCB1986 »

Passed my exam today with a perfect score. I have to say that enthuware exams are a great preparation for the exam even tho I feel I was a bit over-prepared after doing all the mock exams (nothing against over-preparing!).

I prepared myself using the Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide by Jeanne Boyarsky and Scott Selikoff and did all the exams from that book.

Then I started doing enthuware exams and at first I was a bit confused and frustrated because many things appearing on the exams were not mentioned in the book as being part of the objectives (math.round(), Map interface, Iterator interface, instanceof operator, Inner classes, etc.), but then I realized that only the basics were required for these unexpected subjects and soon enough I stopped being worried about them.

Enthuware exams are extremely similar to the real exam, being the real exam an easier version of them.

20 May, Test 1 - 66%
24 May, Foundation Test - 87%
28 May, Test 2 - 87%
29 May, Test 3 - 88%
30 May, Test 4 - 92%
04 Jun, Test 5 - 79%
05 Jun, Test 6 - 94%
11 Jun, Last Day Test - 88%

15 Jun, Real Exam - 100%

Thank you Enthuware Team.
Last edited by CarlosCB1986 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is great! Amazing score indeed! Congratulations :)
Glad to know that our s/w was helpful in your preparation.
Paul.

dieterdde

Post by dieterdde »

Hi Paul,

just wanted to thank you for the Enthuware exam suite, best money every spent! And thanks for sharing all your knowledge and insight on the various (tricky!) questions!

Passed OCP 7 Programmer II today with 85%!

The thing I like the most about Enthuware, is that not only does it prepare you for the exam, it's a very good tool to learn the programming language, regardless of doing a certification exam or not. The answers to the questions offer a huge amount of insights!

I had to study a lot of extra stuff that were covered in the mock questions but not covered in the book, and thanks to that, even if lot of it wasn't asked about on the real exam, I simply know much more about Java than if I would have just stuck with the book!

Cheers,
Dieter

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Dieter! We are happy for your success and to know that our s/w was helpful in your preparation.
Thanks for posting good things about our product on JavaRanch!
-Paul.

ThatManNamedRyan

Post by ThatManNamedRyan »

Hey Paul,

I just wanted to thank you for creating this software (or whoever made it) because it made studying so much easier.

I'm currently a high schooler who's going into 12th grade. I just took the Java SE 7 Programmer I Exam (IZ0-803) today and passed!

My struggle:

Test 1 (June 16th): 43% (my god)
Test 2 (June 26th): 74%
Test 6 (July 1st): 76%
Test 4 (July 4th): 70%
Test 5 (July 4th): 73%
Most Missed Test (July 8th): 73%

Real Exam: 83% !!!!!

I just want to say that between Test 1 and Test 2, I read Mala Gupta's book, which helped tremendously. And of course, I read the explanations for all the questions that I got wrong on the mock exams (and for the ones I guessed on as well).

Onward to Java SE 7 Programmer II IZ0-804 !

Again, thank you.

Ryan

EDIT: One thing that may be worth adding to the software is a "Review Marked" option so that the user doesn't have to switch back and forth between "Review Questions" and the question screen. This would also make it more similar to the real exam. Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Ryan! Glad to know that our product was helpful in your preparation.
Thank you for your suggestion about Review Marked. Similar feature was added in the most recent version of ETS Viewer 3.76. You can go to the Review screen and then sort by "Marked" status by clicking on the Marked column header. Now, just double click on the first marked question to start reviewing the question and the navigate using the previous/next buttons.

-Paul.

Moe_86

Post by Moe_86 »

Thank you team Enthuware for your helpful software.
My results:

Foundation Test - 68%
Test 1 - 60%
Test 2 - 73%
Test 3 - 58%
Test 4 - 69%
Test 5 - 65%
Test 6 - 72%
Last Day Test - Didn't even try

Real Exam: 87%

I was really surprised about the result :-)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's great! Congratulations!!!
Paul.

insider

Post by insider »

Hi everyone!

Three years ago I've passed OCAJP 7 (1Z0-803) with 95% thanks to Enthuware. At the time I was still in university and the certification helped me in getting my first job. Actually, I've never shared my result here but three years ago I've written a post to Coderanch (here). I don't know if it still makes sense to submit that score in Enthuware question pack.

Of course, I had a dream of passing stage two (1Z0-804). Unfortunately I got caught up in graduating from the university, starting my career and stuff. Long story short, I've never found time to do that. Moreover, the task seemed insurmountable to me since since the amount of needed knowledge material is considerably higher for OCP. This year I thought that OCP might be a nice goal to complete till the end of 2016. A couple of months ago I've moved to a different country and started brushing up my skills for a new job. A large amount of preparation was done with K&B 6 for SCJP. That's when I thought of giving a try to OCP. I passed through K&B 7 including basic chapters and giving attention to the new ones. I decided to try one Enthuware test. If the score was to be bad, I'd drop this endeavour till some time later. Otherwise, I'd try and make a crazy sprint for a couple of weeks to pass the exam (unfortunately, currently I'm not in the position to spend months on preparation).

To my surprise, the first score was 80% and I decided to get the ball rolling. Overall results were 80-86-83-86-89-80-74-85-NA (didn't have time to take the last one). That is an average of 83%. The drop in the last results is due to incredibly pressing learning schedule and my physical limitations. Whereas with OCAJP I took 3 days on average to go through one mock test, this time it was strictly one day for each test, no exceptions. During my last tests I started to feel a great deal of fatigue and decided it was time to stop with whatever I've got.

Simply put, I'd be more than satisfied with a result of more than 80%. Today I've got 86% with approx. 40 minutes of time left. That is more than enough taking into account my learning schedule, time pressure and stress.

Thanks to Enthuware for a great product and to Paul for continuing support!
Last edited by insider on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

insider

Post by insider »

Since everyone shares some advice, let me also do that.
1. The exam did not surprise me and contents were pretty much expected.
2. I was not quite satisfied with a number of (subjective) questions on patterns, RowSets and smth. else in Enthuware packs. However, it's not that important since it gives you incentive to think more on those topics and that is the main goal.
3. I've encountered a couple of questions on regex replacing capabilities. I explicitly remember K&B 7 saying that those will not be tested so I didn't even spend my time learning the method signatures. BTW, as much as I love K&B 6, version 7 is still raw at this time. In addition to typos there are factual errors and I strongly encourage you to try every "fact" yourself. Takes some time but gives you practical experience in return.
4. Learn constructor parameters for I/O classes. E.g., which Reader can be constructed with File and which with String. That was my struggle sometimes.

I think I'll be aiming at 1Z0-810 now but that will be after I get initial things done in my next job.

Good luck to everyone! You're more capable than you might think.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!!
Thank you for your feedback. We will improve on those points.

-Paul.

michaelyang005

Post by michaelyang005 »

I have passed izo-803 today. The mockup tests are very helpful. Very close to the level of difficulty of the real exam. My mockup scores are 75% - 85% and real exam score is 80%.

hkgfjsliprynet

Post by hkgfjsliprynet »

Passed the Java SE Programmer II IZ0-804 certification.

My scores for the practice exams were 71, 60, 69, 77, 62, 68, 55, 71, 68. Having failed 3 of the practice exams I was quite nervous about being able to pass the real exam. However I ended up getting a 83%!

Thank you for the enthuware practice exams. One thing it really helped me to do is to slow down and not take anything at face value. That helped for the real exam as there were many tricky questions where you had to pay attention to the details of the code.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!!