Exam Result

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

insider

Re: Exam Result

Post by insider »

Since everyone shares some advice, let me also do that.
1. The exam did not surprise me and contents were pretty much expected.
2. I was not quite satisfied with a number of (subjective) questions on patterns, RowSets and smth. else in Enthuware packs. However, it's not that important since it gives you incentive to think more on those topics and that is the main goal.
3. I've encountered a couple of questions on regex replacing capabilities. I explicitly remember K&B 7 saying that those will not be tested so I didn't even spend my time learning the method signatures. BTW, as much as I love K&B 6, version 7 is still raw at this time. In addition to typos there are factual errors and I strongly encourage you to try every "fact" yourself. Takes some time but gives you practical experience in return.
4. Learn constructor parameters for I/O classes. E.g., which Reader can be constructed with File and which with String. That was my struggle sometimes.

I think I'll be aiming at 1Z0-810 now but that will be after I get initial things done in my next job.

Good luck to everyone! You're more capable than you might think.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!!
Thank you for your feedback. We will improve on those points.

-Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

michaelyang005

Post by michaelyang005 »

I have passed izo-803 today. The mockup tests are very helpful. Very close to the level of difficulty of the real exam. My mockup scores are 75% - 85% and real exam score is 80%.

hkgfjsliprynet

Post by hkgfjsliprynet »

Passed the Java SE Programmer II IZ0-804 certification.

My scores for the practice exams were 71, 60, 69, 77, 62, 68, 55, 71, 68. Having failed 3 of the practice exams I was quite nervous about being able to pass the real exam. However I ended up getting a 83%!

Thank you for the enthuware practice exams. One thing it really helped me to do is to slow down and not take anything at face value. That helped for the real exam as there were many tricky questions where you had to pay attention to the details of the code.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

rdabuan

Post by rdabuan »

I finally got 1Z0-803 in the books after a year of procrastinating. When I finally decided to prepare and set a date for the exam here's what I did for 1.5 months ... every day (4-5 hours) except weekends.

1 - Re-read the book OCA Java SE 7 Programmer I Study Guide (Exam 1Z0-803) (Oracle Press) (Kindle version) since I read this book a year ago.
2 - I regarded all practice exams in the book as a mock test.
3 - Bought JA+ I V7 For OCA-JP-I SE7 (IZ0-803) from Enthuware.
4 - Took the mock test in this sequence:
a - Standard Tests (except for the Last Day Test) 69, 69, 66, 76, 67, 73, 79
b - Objective Wise Tests 90, 100, 90, 100, 100, 100, 95, 100
c - Practice Tests 80, 98, 96, 99
d - Took every single test again (a, b, c); score is much higher but did not considered that as a measure
5 - Every time I complete the test, I would review the ones I missed first. I would not only determine the correct answer but would reason why it is the way it is. And would also reviewed the ones I answered correctly just made sure I just not answered them with dumb luck.
6 - I took "Last Day Test" the day before the proctored exam. 77 (and I was disappointed I was feeling unprepared). As always reviewed all the mistakes and correct answers. Couple of stupid mistakes.

Exam day, started to take the exam and it took me 10 minutes to answer the 1st question. I think I just blocked out. I made my best guess after I failed to determine the right answer. As I got through the 1st 10 questions I finally got my groove just as I did using the Enthuware mock test. I had 15 minutes left after I answered the last question. I went backed to my marked questions to verify and had 3 more minutes left and went back to the very 1st question. And finally understood the question and determined the answer. Since I have time left I decided to double check all my answers to the 1st 10 questions since I believe I was still shocked during the time. Submitted my answers in the final 30 seconds of the timer.

I stood up walked back to the front, and the proctor told me, "hopefully you did well even though your face says otherwise". During this time was not really sure if I did well. I just told him, I hope so ...

I got home and excitedly checked my result and wa-lah ... passed and 93%!

Thanks Enthuware! All the questions in your mock was all spot on.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!! Glad to know our s/w was helpful in your preparation :)
Thank you for your detailed feedback!

linas.danielius

Post by linas.danielius »

[Not sure if in the correct topic :?: ]
Passed both OCA (1Z0 - 808 ) and OCP (1Z0 - 809) with 98% and 90% respectively.

Timeline:
OCA (it took 2 months to prepare while working non software dev's job):
- Started with Boyarsky and Selikoff book on said exam. Read thoroughly twice.
- Ordered Ethuware mobile mock exams. Passed all of them with a median 78-ish %.
- Exam was a piece of cake.

OCP (it took 3 months to prepare while working non software dev's job and is a world of difference compared to OCA first time you read the material):
- I had to read third time the book as my first run through mock exams from Ethuware was balancing on the 65% line. Re-did mock exams again with 80%ish median score.
- Went to exam, didn't sweat.

I feel that your product has contributed greatly to my score with knowledge and experience in dealing this type of tests. Your mock test system is really a great value for the cost and definitely worth it! Would advise for everybody who wants said certificates as a last step to solidify java knowledge and prepare for exam.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!! Great score! Glad to know our s/w was helpful in your preparation :)

-Paul.

ramy6_1

Post by ramy6_1 »

Hello,

I passed IZ0-810 (Upgrade to java 8 exam) today with 86% !

Thanks Paul and Enthuware for your effort :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Ramy and thanks for all your feedback :)

jelofka

Post by jelofka »

Hi hi,

passed OCP se7 (1z0-804) with 75%. Mala Gupta and Enthuware is all I used. True, real exam is a bit easier than Enthuware. Great job Paul and team, could not do it without you. Went from no Java knowledge to OCP in two years (failed first attment on both stages, but who counts:)). And now doors are open for expert certification.

Pauld, would love to pass some info on cert via pm if you would be so kind and enable me.

Tnx again

Matjaz
Last edited by jelofka on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is great! Congratulations!!
Glad to know you liked our services :)

jelofka

Post by jelofka »

would love to pass some info on cert via pm if you would be so kind and enable me.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, sure. We would love to hear your feedback. You can either send me a PM here (there is nothing like enabling, all are enabled to send pm once they register) or just email us at support@enthuware

-Paul.

Sai Divya sree

Post by Sai Divya sree »

Hi,
I have passed OCP (1Z0-804) with 79%. :) I never had confidence that I could complete my certification since I am from electronics background and new to software languages.I am glad I bought enthuware software.It helped me a lot to prepare for the actual exam and the questions from standard tests were quite similar to the actual exam,in fact the enthuware test's are quite difficult compared to the actual test.But still they were helpful in improving my confidence and the answers had lots of useful information and easily explained that someone who is new to java (just like me :roll: )could understand.They improved my fundamentals a lot more.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Sai Divya sree! We are happy for your success and to know that our material was helpful in your preparation. Please do post your reviews on JavaRanch or on Amazon http://amzn.to/2fALhYi

thank you,
Paul.

ssss317

Post by ssss317 »

passed 1Z0-803 with 93%. Thanks for your great job
Next step is to prepare 1Z0-804

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulationse! We are happy for your success and to know that our material was helpful in your preparation.

thank you,
Paul.

jagoneye

Post by jagoneye »

First of all a few words are not enough to thank Paul and the team behind this heavenly(or beastly) software along with the effort put behind crafting those questions! If I could meet you guys I wouldn't let you leave without me hugging you all! You guys are all awesome! :thumbup: The knowledge I gained from it is far beyond the real exam. It felt like a walk in the park. I want to write lots of pages to share my experience but I'll try to be as short as I can. Firstly I passed OCA 7 with 80% I wish I had known about Enthuware back then else I could have scored 95+% in the exam. But luckily I came to know about it later and I purchased it for OCP 7 and that was the best decision! God bless you all for putting such effort while providing the software for merely 10$!
Here are my Standard Test Scores:
Test 1 66%
Test 2 62%
Test 3 63%
Test 4 72%
Test 5 57%
Test 6 71%
Test 7 68%
Test 8 68%
Last Day Test 74%
OCP 7 Real Test 81% (didn't think I would score this much!)
I only scored less than 60% in one test and that was because I had kid's playing very noisily which hurt my sensitive tinnitus ears and marked some correct answers wrongly. After giving each test, I found out something new and also new topics which I hadn't come across in my reference book. And I also posted a lot of queries to questions to which the "Amazing Paul" gave "Blazing Fast" replies!!! I was a bit rude/agressive sometimes so sorry for those times! Now I'm pursuing the SQL certifications from Oracle and how I wish you guys had a software for that too! :lol: And I wanted some advice regarding pursuing career in Java. I'm planning to apply for jobs after I finish the SQL certifications for Java Developer. What are the next levels of Java exams and for which do you guys have question banks? If you could p.m. the details I would be really glad! And I would gladly share my experience on Java Ranch soon, for now I have posted a long article on how to pass OCA/OCP 7/8 on quora and I have mentioned Enthuware as the only way to go! Here's the link if anyone wants to know about it -
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-pass-OCA ... =690533759
Once again, I love you guys! Keep up the awesome work and we'll keep sharing it with others!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!! We are happy for your success and to know that you liked our material and services.

Thank you for mentioning Enthuware in your success story :)

For other question banks, please see enthuware.com There is a menu at the top that has all the ones listed.
Paul.

Maor.S

Post by Maor.S »

Finally, I passed the OCA-7 1Z0-803 exam with 85%.

Almost the same grade as the average Tests:
Starter Test 86%
Test 1 84%
Test 2 83%
Test 3 90%
Test 4 84%
Test 5 89%
Test 6 93%
Last Day Test 75%

As I mentioned here There were 80 questions and not 70
10 questions are not included in the total score. but you don't know which ones so you have to answer all.

The exam simulator is a great tool, looks almost same as the real exam (but better :lol: )
and 3-4 questions were the exact questions as the bank.

Thanks for all Paul, and Enthuware! :thumbup:

debopampal

Post by debopampal »

At last Saturday (25th Feb, 2017), I've completed OCAJP 7 Certification with 91% ... Without Enthuware Mock Exams and their explanations it was impossible to score high. Thank you Enthuware for your prime support. :joy: :joy:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Debopampal!! We are happy for your success and to know that you liked our material and services :)

fsakiyama

Post by fsakiyama »

Today i've completed the exam (OCAJ 1Z0-808) with a 95% score. Thanks enthuware!

Time to study for 1Z0-809 now!