[HD Pg 45, Sec. 2.2.5 - Quiz]

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

[HD Pg 45, Sec. 2.2.5 - Quiz]

Post by admin »

This quiz should have only one correct option i.e. option B. Option D should also be incorrect because if Professor is public, it must reside in Professor.java.
Fixed in Build 5.0 30th Sep 2018.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

DazedTurtle

Re: [HD Pg 45, Sec. 2.2.5 - Quiz]

Post by DazedTurtle »

E. A call to process(map); can be inserted in the process method of SubClass
Since Collection and Map do not have a parent child relationship, a Map is not a Collection and so, Option E is incorrect.
Based on your reasoning for why E is wrong, did you mean super.process(map); in the question? Because I'm pretty sure that, as it's currently written, E should be correct, unless I've also forgotten how recursion works.

Edit: I just realized this is an entirely different section; Sorry, this is where the link for the 13.3.8 quiz led me.

admin
Site Admin

Re: [HD Pg 45, Sec. 2.2.5 - Quiz]

Post by admin »

Yes, it should say super.process(map).
Added to errata.
Thank you for your feedback!

Regarding redirection to this thread: It tries to identity an existing thread using the section name and/or number. It fails when the same section name such "Quiz" is present in multiple chapters. The issue is complicated by the fact that several topics are common in the two versions (8 and 11) of the book but their section numbers are different.
It works fine most of the time but we are still trying to improve the process so that the right thread is identified.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.