OCPJP 8 Upgrade From SE 7 to 8 - 1Z0-810 product - number of Qs and time do not match Oracle exam?

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

Cannelids

OCPJP 8 Upgrade From SE 7 to 8 - 1Z0-810 product - number of Qs and time do not match Oracle exam?

Post by Cannelids »

Hi - I purchased the "OCPJP 8 Upgrade From SE 7 to 8 - 1Z0-810" product yesterday and completed the first (of two) tests today. I was expecting 81 questions 2.5 hours (150 minutes), but the test had 86 Qs in 3 hours 35 minutes (215 minutes)! I checked the Oracle site again just now and the format still seems to be "81 Qs in 150 minutes". Could you clarify, please? I've used Enthuware for OCA7 and OCA8, where the mocks did match the exam, so was really thrown by this.

admin
Site Admin

Re: OCPJP 8 Upgrade From SE 7 to 8 - 1Z0-810 product - number of Qs and time do not match Oracle exam?

Post by admin »

You are right. The time limit was set in the Standard Test environment incorrectly. It has been fixed now. Please download the latest version of the question bank to see it.

Regarding number of questions, there were a few good questions that the author felt were important. But they were not enough to create a full test (only 11). So, they were distributed into the two tests. The time of the test has been increased proportionality. If you prefer, those can be removed from the tests and put separately. Please send an email to support@enthuware.com if you want that changed for you.

thank you,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Cannelids

Re: OCPJP 8 Upgrade From SE 7 to 8 - 1Z0-810 product - number of Qs and time do not match Oracle exam?

Post by Cannelids »

OK, thanks Paul

I think I'll first finish reviewing the test I did, and maybe do the second test also on the old bank, but timing it myself for 150x87/81=161 minutes, in case the system loses track of my data.

I have to admit that I ran into time trouble even with the excess extra time (just just passed)! It was a bit of a shock to me how long I needed to think about some of the Qs with longer code snippets etc. I had first done the WhizLabs and MyExamCloud mocks for this exam to get some 'volume' in, as I wanted to do Enthuware last, and felt much less rushed. I know Enthuware are supposed to be harder by design, but I just hope the real exam is not quite so hairy - or maybe I've just got soft!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cannelids wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:52 am
OK, thanks Paul

I think I'll first finish reviewing the test I did, and maybe do the second test also on the old bank, but timing it myself for 150x87/81=161 minutes, in case the system loses track of my data.
It will not lose your data. Don't worry about it. But yes, reviewing the test that you just finished is a must before taking the next one. Make sure you go through all the explanations.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.