About Question com.enthuware.ets.scjp.v6.2.203 :

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

TwistedLizard

About Question com.enthuware.ets.scjp.v6.2.203 :

Post by TwistedLizard »

I think the answer to this question is wrong :)

'Which variables of the encapsulating class can an inner class access, if the inner class is defined in an instance method of the encapsulating class?'

Of the suggested answers, 1,2,3 are clear enough.

[Option 5:All final automatic variables] would I think, only be admissible if there were ambiguity in the question, which there isn't.

Option 5 is untrue because:
(1) Automatic variables don't belong to the enclosing class, they can only appear in its methods.
(2) Even if we ignore (1), it's only automatic variables defined in the method containing the inner class that are visible, not automatic variables in any other method.

I'd be interested to hear your take on this.

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question com.enthuware.ets.scjp.v6.2.203 :

Post by admin »

You are right. Although this interpretation is not what the question is getting at but it is possible to interpret it that way.
Updated.

thank you for your feedback!
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

TwistedLizard

Re: About Question com.enthuware.ets.scjp.v6.2.203 :

Post by TwistedLizard »

Thanks for that clarification Paul.

I appreciate the normally scrupulous style of the Enthuware questions.

Regards
Richard