About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v8.2.1309 : probably a bug

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

jankur

About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v8.2.1309 : probably a bug

Post by jankur »

Hi, while I was taking the second standard test I independently came up with the same solution as described in the following, marked as resolved, bug/error: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4055
The software marked my answer as incorrect, but according to the aforementioned topic (and the compiler) it probably should be marked as correct. I also reproduced this problem by creating and taking a custom test containing only this one question. Maybe I didn't use the drag'n'drop tool correctly, or maybe there is a regression bug in this question.

thodoris.bais

Re: About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v8.2.1309 : probably a bu

Post by thodoris.bais »

Maybe a mistake in the explanation:
3. You cannot instantiate a Collection because it is an abstract class
But Collection is an interface.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jankur wrote:Hi, while I was taking the second standard test I independently came up with the same solution as described in the following, marked as resolved, bug/error: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4055
The software marked my answer as incorrect, but according to the aforementioned topic (and the compiler) it probably should be marked as correct. I also reproduced this problem by creating and taking a custom test containing only this one question. Maybe I didn't use the drag'n'drop tool correctly, or maybe there is a regression bug in this question.
Yes, I see the problem. The issue is that it is opening up too many possibilities of correct options. So I have reduced one yellow target to avoid the solution that doesn't using E. See attachment.
test2.png
test2.png (21.39 KiB) Viewed 9063 times
I hope this fixes it for good.

-Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

thodoris.bais wrote:Maybe a mistake in the explanation:
3. You cannot instantiate a Collection because it is an abstract class
But Collection is an interface.
You are right. Fixed.

thank you for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

thodoris.bais

Post by thodoris.bais »

No worries, Paul, I'm trying to prepare myself for this complex exam.

On topic, watching again the question itself for the second time, I am not sure I understand why the method signature has to be defined like that (or, to phrase it better, why the following is allowed by the compiler):
public < E  extends CharSequence > Collection < E >  getWordsStartingWith( Collection< E > input , char ch ) { }

I mean, to my understanding, the above is only clear like that:
public Collection < E extends CharSequence >        getWordsStartingWith( Collection< E > input , char ch ) { }

So, the question is: what is so special about the
< E  extends CharSequence >
declaration between the access modifier and the return type of the method?

Am I missing a language specification?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that is the syntax. Before you can use E in the method, you need to specify two things - 1. That you are going to use E as a the generic type . and 2. That E extends CharSequence.

That is why <E extends CharSequence> is needed before the return type.

Rick84

Re: About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v8.2.1309 : probably a bug

Post by Rick84 »

I'm unable to grab hold of the E in the drag & drop question. The other terms work fine.

I find it odd no one else reported this, so I'm guessing it's something on my end, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The hover message does appear when I hover over the E, but I can't pick it up. I've tried dragging from slightly above/below or to the side of the E, but nothing seems to be working.

This with Enthuware Test Studio v3.93, build: 20180516 on Windows 10, Java 10.0.2.

EDIT: When I add other terms to my solution and then click the E, the solution is reset and all fields are blank again. This is very odd...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Rick,
Could you please replace your question bank file with the latest one from http://enthuware.com/downloads/jqplusv8.ets and see if that fixes the problem?

thank you,
Paul.

Rick84

Post by Rick84 »

That fixed it, thank you!