About question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.365

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

Marthin

About question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.365

Post by Marthin »

The question is:

You need to create a stateless session bean that provides implementations for both the methods and allows the remoteMethod() to be accessed only from remote clients and allows the localMethod() to be accessed only from other local beans. Which of the following options will achieve this goal?

The anwser is according to you:
"1. Define a local interface for localMethod and a remote interface for remoteMethod and have the bean implement both the interfaces."

My Question is: Since you can invoke the Remote interface from a local client wouldnt that make this option incorrect and instead the option:
" 4.A single stateless session bean cannot provide such functionality."
This would be the correct one?

Thank you for a great product!
Best Regards
Marthin

admin
Site Admin

Re: About question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.365

Post by admin »

Actually, when a client accesses a bean from a remote interface, it cannot use that reference to call local interface and it actually acts as a remote client in that case. But you are right that it is still the same local client. The wording of the question has now been changed to "...only clients acting as remote clients..." to avoid this ambiguity.

thank you for your feedback!
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

ToineS

Re: About question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.365

Post by ToineS »

I still found the wording ambiguous and based on the same reasoning as Marthin had chosen " 4.A single stateless session bean cannot provide such functionality."
I presume it is the 'acting as' bit that makes the question fall in the category 'tough'.. All and all I am getting very frustrated with these exam questions and I am realizing that preparing for this exam doesn't make make understand JEE any better. Its just about knowing all the exam "gothchas" :-(