About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.438 :

Moderator: admin

ETS User

About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.438 :

Post by ETS User »

One of the correct answers states:
The local client view (including the no-interface view) of an enterprise bean component defined within a .war file is only required to be accessible to components within the same .war file. Applications needing access to the local client view of an enterprise bean from a different module in the same application should use an ejb-jar file to define the enterprise bean that exposes the local client view.
Is this correct? If the .war is contained in an .ear, I think that EJBs from other .wars or EJB jars can access the the EJBs of the original war through using a local interface or no-interface view.

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.438 :

Post by admin »

This statement is from the specification itself. So I believe it is correct.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

aab

Post by aab »

Not definitely clearly to me:
"Names of environment entries defined by an enterprise bean inside a .war can clash with names defined by other components in the same war."

I would change it into:
"Names of environment entries defined by an enterprise bean inside a .war shouldn't clash with names defined by other components in the same war."

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aab,
What it is trying to say is that unlike the beans packaged in an ejb-jar file, where it is not possible to have name clashes between beans packaged in different ejb-jars (because even if you have a bean with same name in two ejb-jars, their JNDI names are different because the JNDI names include the ejb-jar module name), a clash of names is possible between two beans packaged in the same war. i.e. for beans packaged in ejb-jars, name clash cannot occur but for beans packaged in a war file, name clash can occur if the developer is not careful to name them differently.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

himaiMinh

Post by himaiMinh »

For option 4 explanation, I think we can add a note:
"The EJB in a .jar in WEB-INF/lib is to make the code in .war file compile. The EJB has to be deployed in a container, and it should be looked up by callers by JNDI name, for example, java:global/RemoteEar/RemoteJar/RemoteBean!com.enthuware.RemoteInf"