About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.425 :

Moderator: admin

deadlock_gr

About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.425 :

Post by deadlock_gr »

I think that the answers here are a bit ambiguous.
The System Administrator is the one who will administer both the AD (users, groups), and will also create a security domain in the container, and set it up to "look" to the specific AD.
The Deployer is the one who will set up the application to use the specific realm, which has been set up by the administrator. Normally, the deployer will not have the rights to define a new realm.
In that respect, I would believe that the correct answers would be b and c, and NOT a and b.
In other words, I would expect c and not a.

The answer a says that:
The Deployer defines and configures an ADS realm.
and the explanation says:
The Deployer is responsible for assigning the security domain and principal realm to an enterprise bean application.
I think that defining and configuring a Realm is not the same as assigning it to an application. So, maybe a should be:

The Deployer configures the enterprise application to use an ADS realm

and c should be:

The system administrator configures the enterprise application to use an ADS realm.

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.425 :

Post by admin »

There is ADS, which is implemented in a separate server outside of the application server (this is managed by the system administrator) and then there is ADS realm defined in the application server that is tied to the external ADS. The ADS realm in the app server is managed by the deployer. So I think the given answer is correct.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.425 :

Post by Guest »

in 17.4.1:
The Deployer is responsible for assigning the security domain and principal realm to an enterprise bean
application.
in 17.7.1:
Typically, the System Administrator is responsible for creating a new user account, adding a user to a
user group, removing a user from a user group, and removing or freezing a user account.

From the above, I understand that the Container Administrator manages (and creates) the realm. The ADS has its own administrator. The Container Administrator creates the realm, for the Deployers to be able to use for the applications they deploy.

So, I would say that answer 3 is correct, and not answer 1.