How to prepare for 1Z0-895?

Moderator: admin

want_ejb_cert

How to prepare for 1Z0-895?

Post by want_ejb_cert »

Hello,

I am currently a .NET developer, but I have some Java experience in the past, although it is mainly in SE and not much in web (some minor work in Spring and Hibernate). Nothing at the design level, just fixing simple defects in an existing application. A few months ago, I prepared for OCPJP8 and passed it thanks greatly due to enthuware, as well as the study guide book from Sybex. I have purchased the enthuware exams for 1Z0-895, but since there is no study guide like there is for OCPJP8, I am lost on where to start. I don't want to look at the practice tests yet without having knowledge. What is the best way for me to prepare for this exam, considering my limited experience with Java web development?

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to prepare for 1Z0-895?

Post by admin »

1. First, take a look at the exam objectives : http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_pro ... id:1Z0-895

2. Next, I would suggest you to go through this book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/18496 ... 1849682380
and try out some sample code of the topics covered in the exam objectives.

2. Finally, go through the mock exams. Explanations in our mock exams contain a lot of references to various sections of EJB 3.1 specification. You should go through those sections before going through next exam.

HTH,
Paul
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

want_ejb_cert

Post by want_ejb_cert »

Paul, thanks. Just to get an idea, how would you compare the difficulty of this exam vs. the OCPJP8?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It does not contain tricky questions and is more specification oriented. If you read and understand specification well, you will do good. You don't have to be a human compiler for this exam :)
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

want_ejb_cert

Post by want_ejb_cert »

Great, thanks. I am happy to hear that this test is more straightforward :)