About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.465 :

Moderator: admin

ETS User

About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.465 :

Post by ETS User »

The answer is ambiguous. I understand from the explanation that only CMT transaction attributes can be changed in the deployment descriptor. In the question we have BMT. So, to me, in this case transaction attributes cannot be changed in the deployment descriptor. The question states "There is no mechanism", so why FALSE is the correct choice?

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.465 :

Post by Guest »

Sorry, an admin can delete my bad post.
Thanks

Alan

Post by Alan »

@TransactionAttribute cannot be used with bean transaction management. I received exception from Glassfish:
Method level transaction attributes may not be specified on a bean with transaction type

The question is wrong in my opinion.

Alan

Post by Alan »

Method level transaction attributes may not be specified on a bean with transaction type [Bean]

Alan

Post by Alan »

Sorry, my mistake. The question is right :).

gurpreet_asrgndu

Post by gurpreet_asrgndu »

the question seems to be illogical. there cannot be transaction attribute on the bean with BMT. if you try to , we will get exception.there is no provision for transaction attribute in case of BMT, so assembler changing it is just out of scope. dont you think the question should be reframed.

mopuffus

Post by mopuffus »

The answer for the question
There is no mechanism for an Application Assembler to change the transaction attribute of a method of a session bean that uses bean-managed transaction demarcation.
is true.
Because the Transaction Management (CTM or BTM) is a structural information and it is not meant to be altered by the application assembler. The Transaction attribute can be altered by the application assembler. The trick here is that the BTM does now have a transaction attributes :mrgreen:

So we can not change the Transaction Management from CTM to BTM in order to be able to add/alter the transaction mechanisms --> the answer is true, There is no mechanism ....