About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.564 :

Moderator: admin

user

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.564 :

Post by user »

If it throws an EJBException, isn't suppose to discard the EJB instance? I'm really confused about this part.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, the bean instance will be discarded. That is what the explanation explains as well. Could you please tell me more about what you find confusing so that I can help?

-Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

user

Post by user »

Ok so I read the question and explanation again, let me see If I understood correctly.
When you say that it tries to redeliver de msg again, and again, and again, it will use a different MDB instance each time. Is it right? I was assuming that the MDB was being discarded and that´s it, but now I see I was thinking of this in the wrong way.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that is correct.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

sanju.ait@gmail.com

Post by sanju.ait@gmail.com »

"Also, in case of CMT, rolling back the transaction is same as throwing a system exception because the message receipt will not be acknowledged."

Reverse is true, throwing system exception will rollback the transaction but rolling back transaction will not throw the system exception. Rolling back transaction will throw system exception only in case of session beans and not MDB's.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Of course, it is not exactly the same. The statememt is respect to their affects on the message receipt.

HTH,
Paul.