About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.294 :

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

himaiMinh

About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.294 :

Post by himaiMinh »

Agree with the asyn JAX-RS API. In chapter 10 of Jersey's documentation, there are asynchronous server API and asynchronous client API.
For the async server, the server uses multiple threads to handle multiple client requests concurrently and suspends the clients' connections if it takes too long for the server to respond. That means, the clients don't wait for the server while the server is busy handling all the clients' requests.

For the async client, the concept is callback.When the response is available, the server notifies the client.

Originally, REST is an architecture design based on HTTP. HTTP is synchronous and the implementation of REST application is synchronous. But nowadays, JAX-RS supports asynchronous communications.

fjwalraven

Re: About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.294 :

Post by fjwalraven »

Nicely said, and in the future of the Web Services certifications asynchronous processing in JAX-RS 2.x might be part of the topics.

As for the EE6 certification: asynchronous Web Services in JAX-RS are not there.

Regards,
Frits

himaiMinh

Post by himaiMinh »

By the way, I heard WS-security is not supported in JAX-RS.
So, even though JAX-RS 2.0 supports synchronous, using WS-security to encrypt part of the message may not work in JAX-RS 2.0.
WS-security is only supported in SOAP-based web services. But JAX-RS is not SOAP based.

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

Correct.

himaiMinh

Post by himaiMinh »

As there were discussions about making asynchronous web services, we can make two synchronous calls:
1. Clients send requests to the service. The service uses a JMS queue and message driven bean to process the requests. Clients don't wait for the responses.
2. Service sends responses to the clients when the responses are available.
In this case, it does not matter what API 's(JAX-WS, JAX-RS) we are using or what protocols (HTTPS/HTTP, JMS, SMTP and etc) we are using.

ramy6_1

Post by ramy6_1 »

Hello ,

The question mentioned "Which technologies should be used?"
But SOAP is not a technology it is just a protocol.

I believe more clarification at problem statement will be useful

vini_srcna

Post by vini_srcna »

Hi,

Question is
There is a financial company that allows certain products to be requested online via a Web Service. These forms are quite big and involve a lot of processing on the server side. The financial company decides to implement asynchronous processing of these forms in order not to block clients. Apart from that there is a security requirement to encrypt some parts of the message (end-to-end) Which technologies should be used?
Answers listed are (Select 3 below)
1. SOAP
2. JAX-WS
3. JAX-RS
4. HTTPS
5. WS-Security

I selected- SOAP, HTTPS, WS-Security. Justification : The question doesn,t deal with Java. So we dont know if the financial company is using .net or java or any other technology. So saying JAX-WS would be wrong in my perspective.

But enthuware sasys, right answers are SOAP, JAX-WS, HTTPS

I have two separate questions
- Why not WS-Security as an answer to this question.
On a completely different note, isn't SOAP a specification rather than a technology ? for that matter (even JAX-WS is a JSR, If am not wrong).
Will we have this kind of tricky questions on exam ?

least but not the last, may be my english skill is too poor to understand the definition of technology :)

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

but enthuware sasys, right answers are SOAP, JAX-WS, HTTPS
Really? It shouldn't, can show me a screenshot? The correct answer is SOAP, JAX-WS and WS-Security.
The question doesn,t deal with Java. So we dont know if the financial company is using .net or java or any other technology. So saying JAX-WS would be wrong in my perspective.
If .NET is amongst the answers I would agree with you, but by looking at the answers it can only be Java and therefore you have to choose between JAX-WS and JAX-RS.
- Why not WS-Security as an answer to this question.
It actually is, see my first point.
On a completely different note, isn't SOAP a specification rather than a technology ? for that matter (even JAX-WS is a JSR, If am not wrong). Will we have this kind of tricky questions on exam ?
I agree that the terminology is not clear, but you can expect these kind of questions on your exam. As a matter of fact this exam is a more theoretical exam than the others.