WebServices - SOAP Handler order

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

venkata

WebServices - SOAP Handler order

Post by venkata »

Today I bought and did Standard exam. In that there is a question on Handler order.
The order of configuration and the order of execution:

Order in configuration:
1) LogicalHandler 1
2) LogicalHandler 2
3) SOAPHandler 1
4) SOAPHandler 2

Order of execution INBOUND message
1) SOAPHandler 2
2) SOAPHandler 1
3) LogicalHandler 2
4) LogicalHandler 1

Order of execution OUTBOUND message
1) LogicalHandler 1
2) LogicalHandler 2
3) SOAPHandler 1
4) SOAPHandler 2

But it should be reverse. Please refer
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13222_01/wl ... dlers.html

fjwalraven

Re: WebServices - SOAP Handler order

Post by fjwalraven »

Hi!

You are refering to the WebLogic server documents
When invoking a Web Service, WebLogic Server executes handlers as follows
It seams that WebLogic does not conform to the JAX-WS specifications (check JAX-WS 2.2, chapter 9.3.2 Handler Execution)
For outbound messages handler processing starts with the first handler in the chain and proceeds in the same order as the handler chain. For inbound messages the order of processing is reversed: processing starts with the last handler in the chain and proceeds in the reverse order of the handler chain. E.g., consider a handler chain that consists of six handlers H1 . . . H6 in that order: for outbound messages handler H1 would be invoked first followed by H2, H3, . . . , and finally handler H6; for inbound messages H6 would be invoked first followed by H5, H4, . . . , and finally H1.
Regards,
Frits

venkata

Post by venkata »

Thanks Fritz for the details.
I thought Webservice implementation is same across weblogic, websphere and Glassfish. But they seem to be different. I will refer to only the JAX-WS Specification and prepare for the exam.

The exam suite is really nice and helpful.
Every one is saying that if we get a score of 50 in your standard test, we are going to get 70 in final exam. So I am targeting 70 in your standard tests.

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

I thought Webservice implementation is same across weblogic, websphere and Glassfish. But they seem to be different.
I was really surprised to read that Weblogic was not conforming to the JAX-WS specs. I tested this question on both JBoss and Glassfish and they both follow the JAX-WS specs on this point.
The exam suite is really nice and helpful.
Every one is saying that if we get a score of 50 in your standard test, we are going to get 70 in final exam.
Thanks! and good luck with your preparation.

Regards,
Frits