About Question com.enthuware.scja.v1.2.11 :

TheSarjo

About Question com.enthuware.scja.v1.2.11 :

Post by TheSarjo »

Hello and thank you for your support!

i'd like to discuss about this question, that i don't understand fully (although i've answered right.. :-) ).

the question is:

A JavaBean has a property named size, which is accessible to and modifiable by all other classes. Which of the following statements are correct regarding this class?

one of the wrong answer was:
the class must have an instance variable named size.
and the explanation given is:
While quite intuitive and common, this is not a necessity. The getter and setter methods may have some computational logic that does not involve any instances variable or may involve multiple instance variables. If a JavaBean has a getX and setX method, it is said to have a property x, irrespective of whether it has an instance variable x or not.

i don't understand... :-) shouldn't there be a variable named size to have the setter and getter setSize and getSize?
otherwise the setter and getter would get different names, i guess... so kindly, can you help me?
best regards

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question com.enthuware.scja.v1.2.11 :

Post by admin »

Yes, for example, class Shape could have a getArea method but no area field because it is computed on the fly. So 'area' would still be a valid property (although read only, in this case) from JavaBeans perspective.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

TheSarjo

Post by TheSarjo »

Hi Paul,

thank you for your reply, but still, i've not understood, can you make me a practical example?

by the way... i wanted to thank all the staff in enthuware, i've passed the exam, and your software has been helpful!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The one I gave is a practical example:

Code: Select all

class Shape{
 abstract double getArea();
}

class Square extends Shape{
 private int side;
 public int getArea(){ return side*side; }
}
HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.