Fontsize in textpane of viewer does not change

mvhaast

Fontsize in textpane of viewer does not change

Post by mvhaast »

Test studio v3.66, build: 20160112
I have a windows 10 tablet with a very high resolution screen. When I change the fontsize, the menu changes accordingly, but all other texts are still very small.
Also opening a test, results in a new small sized window, which needs to adjusted to content each time.

Request is to correct above mentioned behavior.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Fontsize in textpane of viewer does not change

Post by admin »

Hi,
Could you please try the following command to run ETS Viewer:
java -DfontSizeIncrement=10 -jar etsviewer.jar

I tried it and I see that it increases the font size everywhere in ETS Viewer. You may try with 10 or a larger number just to see if it is working.

Regarding size of the test window, you can resize it once and then ETS Viewer remembers that size by storing the values using Java Preferences API (in case of windows, the values are stored in the registry), and uses that size the next time you start ETS Viewer. I have verified this feature. In case it does not work for you, please run it as admin.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

mvhaast

Post by mvhaast »

Thanks Paul,
I tried your suggestion and it works on my game laptop (resolution 1920x1080), but my MS Surface Pro 4 (resolution 2736x1824) still has the same problem. Text in the window next to the menu is very small.
I also saw a error log in the command window while starting the viewer. Maybe that is relevant?
See log below.

Regards,
Maarten

>log on surface pro:

C:\Users\mvhaa\Google Drive\Java\Enthuware>java -DfontSizeIncrement=14 -jar etsviewer.jar
JVM Vendor : Oracle Corporation
JVM VM Vendor : Oracle Corporation
JVM Version: 1.8.0_72
Java User Dir: C:\Users\mvhaa\Google Drive\Java\Enthuware
user.name: mvhaa
user.home: C:\Users\mvhaa
-DfontSizeIncrement=14
-DuseAWTFileDialog=null
-Dswing.defaultlaf=null
L&F In Use : [The Microsoft Windows Look and Feel - com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel]
Feb 05, 2016 6:34:10 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
ETS_INIT: INITED
User Data Dir: C:\Users\mvhaa\Google Drive\Java\Enthuware\ETSWF_com_enthuware_ets_oca-jp-i_v8

mvhaast

Post by mvhaast »

Solved the Prefs error ... did the following:
•Go into your Start Menu and type regedit into the search field.
•Navigate to the following path •HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft

•Right click on the JavaSoft folder and click on New -> Key
•Name the new Key Prefs and everything should work.

But still the same small characters used and small test popup window.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am really not sure why it would behave differently on Surface Pro. We don't have access to a surface pro and we can't reproduce the issue here either but can you please try specifying an even larger number for -DfontSizeIncrement and see if that affects the test window.
Also, please try running it as admin. To do this, please open the command prompt as admin and run etsviewer from there.

We have gone through the code to see if the test window is treated any differently but no. The font change happens for every component. As you observed, it works on another windows machine. So the issue on Surface pro completely beats me. We are still looking into it though.

We are open to ideas on how we can simulate the issue for this device?
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

mvhaast

Post by mvhaast »

OK ... set the fontsize to 28 and started the viewer as administrator.
That works for all important windows. Also the DnD popups are perfect readable.
That is very satisfying.
I can now manipulate a bit to get the best fontsize ... 28 is a bit to much.

One not import issue (which you may forget) is the text in the "getting started" screen.

Thanks for your support Paul. It is very helpfull!

Regards,
Maarten.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, glad to know that it is finally working for you.
I will check out the text in getting started screen. thanks for letting us know.
Paul.

LooksWorking

Post by LooksWorking »

I'm having the same problem - font is too small and making it bigger with settings or java options change almost nothing - only the distance between text lines changes, but not the font itself. Is there any other option to make it bigger?

mvhaast

Post by mvhaast »

The best solution I found was to change the display settings to a custom resolution to a size of 1368x912 (surface pro 4 ... windows 10 ... via desktop / display settings / advanced display settings / scroll down to right setting)