Hide correct answers?

NickWoodward

Hide correct answers?

Post by NickWoodward »

Might be quite useful when working back through incorrect and 'marked' answers to be able to 'hide' the highlighted correct answer on an individual question?

For example, I'm going back through all the exams now, checking the questions I marked. It would be quite nice to have an easy way to have another go at them in particular without seeing the answer.

Maybe this is already an option and I've just missed it!!

Only thing I can think of for improvements! Great software!

Nick

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hide correct answers?

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,
Thank you for your suggestion.

We have this feature for the questions that you've answered incorrectly. If you go to Study View tab in the tree on left side, you will see a Missed Questions node at the bottom. Double click that and you will see a list of questions that you've answered incorrectly at any time. You can attempt them one by one without seeing the answers.

We can probably do the same for marked questions as well. Would that help?

-Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

NickWoodward

Post by NickWoodward »

oh, nice, hadn't seen the option. yeah think it would work well for marked questions too!

might have to be (for me) for the OCP, got my OCA in an hour :D

thanks for the help, the software has been fantastic!

Steffe

Post by Steffe »

What would be really useful Paul, imo, would be a checkbox at the top of the Q+A page during test review that toggles whether the correct answer is shown, ie. alongside the 'Hide Section/Toughness' checkbox and 'Mark' checkbox. It would still tell me whether I got it right or wrong and which options I chose, just not show the correct answer.

The existing solution is very difficult to use I find (unless I am doing something wrong). If I'm reviewing my latest test, eg Test 4, I am not interested in questions I got wrong on previous tests, I want to open Test 4 and iterate through all the questions in only that test but have the option not to see the correct answers for those I got wrong, so I can have another go. Hope that makes sense?

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Steffe wrote:What would be really useful Paul, imo, would be a checkbox at the top of the Q+A page during test review that toggles whether the correct answer is shown, ie. alongside the 'Hide Section/Toughness' checkbox and 'Mark' checkbox. It would still tell me whether I got it right or wrong and which options I chose, just not show the correct answer.
That is a good suggestion. We will work on it.
The existing solution is very difficult to use I find (unless I am doing something wrong). If I'm reviewing my latest test, eg Test 4, I am not interested in questions I got wrong on previous tests, I want to open Test 4 and iterate through all the questions in only that test but have the option not to see the correct answers for those I got wrong, so I can have another go. Hope that makes sense?

Thanks.
You are doing something wrong. When you review a test, you are shown only those questions that you got on that test. Once you attempt a test (for example test 4 under standard tests), a new node will be created under Test 4. We call it a "Test Run". You need to open this test run to see the questions that you got and your responses.

To have another go at questions that you answered wrong, just use the Leitner mode.
-Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.