About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1398 :

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

Veritas

About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1398 :

Post by Veritas »

My choice was "1 new thread is created by the program."
I considered the "main" thread to be created by the program. Is this consideration wrong for purposes of the exam?

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1398 :

Post by admin »

No, main thread is not really created by the given program. It is created by the JVM automatically to execute the main method just like the garbage collection thread.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Has no one else noticed the wording for this question? It says 'What will be the output?' and 2 of the answers give a count of how many threads are created.. The wording should be, "Which of the following statements are true?"

Just my 2 cents. I do like the program and ton of practice tests and explanations.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are right. I have updated the problem statement to say, "Identify the correct statements about the above program.".

thank you for your feedback!
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Touciuciu

Post by Touciuciu »

This question is a little bit confussing. One new thread can be the thread created by invoking the main method or a thread created by calling start method another thread.

Most of the people will say that "One new thread is created by this code" because of the call of main method.

Changing the problem to say that we have to identify the correct statements will imply that there are two correct choices.

Please do something about this question. Maybe rename the main method in order to preserve your correct answer and changing statements with statement.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The JVM does create a thread to execute the main method but it creates several other threads as well such as the GC thread. So, I am not sure how you can claim "Most of the people" because as explained in the explanation the code given in the problem statement does not create any thread. I think the option is quite that it is talking about the code shown in the problem statement and not about the threads created otherwise.