Exam Result

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

thamiar

Re: Exam Result

Post by thamiar »

Finally, I passed my Java 8 Oracle Associate Exam! With the result of 82%. I am a Junior Java Developer, so it is quite important for me :)
I must say, that during my preparation phase I made section tests after each chapter of 'Mala Gupta' book.
Then I run whizlab tests.
Diagnostic - 74%
Practice I - 83%
Practice II - 86%
Practice III - 80%
Practice IV - 80%
Practice V - 79%
Final - 86%

However, on Whizlab tests, I had many problems with questions about strange methods, which DID NOT appear on the exam. Like String 'copyValueOf(char[] data, int offset, int count)'. Most questions were less tricky than enthuware and I have got the feeling, that Enthuware helped me much more.
My enthuware results of tests were: (As I said, I made section tests before, so I can be taken as a bit cheating...)

Foundation - 78%
Test 1 - 90%
Test 2 - 81%
Test 3 - 81%
Test 4 - 84%
Test 5 - 87%
Test 6 - 90%
Test 7 - 100% :O
Final test - 86%

After each test, I was carefully reading explenations and took notes, additionaly I tried to code a bit (At the beginning in IDE, later I switched to notepad++ :) ). Whole Enthuware team helped me a lot, with explenation in the program, and on the forum.

Many people said that reall exam is easier, but I did not get that feeling. Maybe questions were a bit less tricky, but stress is making the big difference. During my mock exams I was ready somehow between 15-25 minutes before end, and during real exam I was choosing last answer 3 seconds before the end!

In the end I passed!
Now next step before me!
Do you know if the knowledge gap between OCA and OCP is very big?

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

I'm T-2hours for the IZ0-809 exam. I passed the OCA last year with the help of enthuware as well. The OCP has been a lot of work and I definitely rushed a bit through the book and Enthuware's practice tests. (I mean I went through the book I use once and took notes, and then immediately went to practice tests / reviewing the notes.) I just wanted to get the exam out of the way and get back to my other programming studies. I've scored a little under the average mark on those tests but should be more than enough for passing the real thing.

It has been interesting. When I did the OCA I felt I understood lambdas well enough to answer some questions but that was about it. It was so confusing! After preparing for this I not only feel like lambdas make sense but I'm so impressed by how useful streams seem to be. I can't wait to find opportunities to test them in my own code. I'm also curious to run some tests solving similar problems with streams versus using more standard (longer) code to see if streams are actually more efficient under the hood. I suspect they are.

Anyway, by the time you read this I'll most likely have posted my result below.

[EDIT] - To answer the question above I'd say.. the OCP is somewhere between 1.5 to 2x the work of the OCA. You will notice the difference but it shouldn't be anything you can't handle. Just allot more time to prepare than you did for the OCA, but don't be too intimidated.

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Well.. that was like running a marathon! One difference between the real exam and the practice exams is that for the real exam I couldn't pause it and take a break. I watched the time closely the whole time and made steady progress but didn't get ahead or behind more than 5 mins the whole exam and finished with 3 mins to spare.

To be honest.. I was not as confident walking out as I was walking and the exam results take 30 minutes. The exam didn't feel easier to me than the practice exams I did here. But, it must have been easier because my score on the final practice exam was 66%, but my score on the OCP exam was 82%! I passed !! :joy: And with a mark I can feel proud of.

So I'm tired and happy. Now I can go back to studying other programming topics. Thank you to the creators of this program/site. I needed an honest site where I could get a ton of practice questions with explanations without worrying about it being a dump ( I hate dumps ) and this was exactly that.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!! OCP is a not an easy exam. So you did well :)
Glad to know our product was helpful in your preparation.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Rick84

Post by Rick84 »

Passed my OCA with 95%!

I first learned about Java while getting my Bachelor's degree, but at the time 1.6 was the latest version. I've had about 6 years experience in other OO languages since then (mostly PHP and some C#), so I was familiar with most concepts already. I just needed to learn the way Java dealt with them.

I first studied the subjects that are mentioned in the exam objectives that I wasn't already familiar with, and then took the foundation test. I was rather disappointed with that result, but I read all the explanations and available forum posts, read up on the subjects I still felt unsure about and continued with the next test. I repeated that process for each of the tests, and was able to learn the concepts quite quickly. Overall it took me just a month to prepare for the exam.

I felt the actual exam was a lot easier than the Enthuware tests. I think Enthuware tries to trick you in more subtle ways than the actual test. Overall I think it is a great tool for learning, so a big thanks to everyone on the team!

I've included my notes. They are mostly things I found odd or difficult about the language, and are in no way supposed to be a complete overview of all subject matter. Nonetheless, I feel they might help others prepare for their exams.

Next up is the OCP :)

Results of the Enthuware tests:

Foundation - 64%
Test 1 - 76%
Test 2 - 89%
Test 3 - 74%
Test 4 - 84%
Test 5 - 73%
Test 6 - 89%
Test 7 - 91%
Final test - 86%
Attachments
java notes.zip
(3 KiB) Downloaded 1534 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Rick! Great score.
Glad to know our s/w was helpful in your preparation :)
Thank you for the notes.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Arynews

Post by Arynews »

admin wrote:Congratulations, cristiano! We are happy for your success and pakistan election 2018 polls glad to know that our material was helpful in your preparation!

-Paul.
Great scores Cristiano. I bet you must have studied hard so congrats.
Last edited by Arynews on Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Empty-SS

Post by Empty-SS »

I just passed the OCA recently with 85%.

Prior to this the only programming I've done in Java was for an OOP course in my second year of undergrad (CS). The preparation I did was to go over all the Whizlabs and Enthuware exams and review the questions that I got wrong. On Whizlabs I scored 50 to 80% in my first week of preparation, and on Enthuware I scored 64 to 78% on my attempts during the second week. I basically wrote 1 test a day and did review afterwards for the incorrect answers. I still remembered most OOP concepts from maybe 3-4 years ago, but just had to learn some of the nitty gritty features of Java.

Real test was easier than the mock exams I have written by quite a bit. I was never really stuck on any particular question, and at worse if I didn't know the answer then I felt like it was probably a 50/50 chance (I marked about ~20 questions but didn't really want to review to be honest since I felt like I did well enough and I was tired with about 30 minutes left). Based on the previous history of feedback and my experience, I would say that if you could pass the Enthuware exams consistently without any help from google or a compiler then you should be ready for the OCA.

TwistedLizard

Post by TwistedLizard »

Just passed with 91%. Your service was key in helping me to manage that!

Thanks for your question bank, explanations, software & help in answering my many queries in the forum. I've put some comments about the quality of what you folks are offering over at javaranch:

https://coderanch.com/t/692866/certific ... Programmer

regards
Richard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's great! Congratulations, Richard. Glad to know our services were helpful in your preparation :)
Thank you for posting your review on JavaRanch. We sincerely appreciate it.

-Paul.

DrewMM

Post by DrewMM »

Hello guys! I need to spend some minutes to write for you all, working for us.
I studied from Sybex book (apparently easier), then Mala Gupta (bit harder).. and this is what i recommend :)
I'll post my Enthuware results and final exam score:

Test 1: 59% - 84%
Test 2: 67% - 84%
Test 3: 59% - 81%
Test 4: 74% - 91%
Test 5: 71% - 90%
Test 6: 77% - 81%
Test 7: 98%
Last Day: 79% -89%

Real exam score: 73% :cheers:

The real exam is really easier then Enthuware mocks..
As everyone say, study the books, and study every question (correct and not) from books, this forum and from the JavaDoc..
If you score at least 75%, you'll certainly pass the OCA Exam.
I'm really happy to be a Java Certified user!
Really thanks to Enthuware! There is NOT anything better then this Enthuware on the net...
THANKS again!

Drew

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Drew!
Happy to know that you liked our product and services :)

Clinton

Post by Clinton »

Passed the (1Z-810) Upgrade Java SE 7 to Java SE 8 OCP Programmer yesterday with 85 % :joy:

I would like to specially thank Enthuware for helping me in my preparation for the exam. Apart from Enthuware, I also practiced the Chapter review questions from the OCP study guide book by Jeanne Boyarsky and Scott Selikoff. Many thanks to them as well :thumbup:

Regards,

Clinton Lobo

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Clinton! Glad to know you found our services helpful :)
Paul.

VictorLevitt

Post by VictorLevitt »

Clinton wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:01 pm
Passed the (1Z-810) Upgrade Java SE 7 to Java SE 8 OCP Programmer yesterday with 85 % :joy:

I would like to specially thank Enthuware for helping me in my preparation for the exam. Apart from Enthuware, I also practiced the Chapter review questions from the OCP study guide about legal steroids book by Jeanne Boyarsky and Scott Selikoff. Many thanks to them as well :thumbup:

Regards,

Clinton Lobo
Congratulations Clinton and others who have posted their results here. I was researching about Enthuware and this is the best advertising that Enthuware can get. Now it is Enthuware for me!
Last edited by VictorLevitt on Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vanik34

Post by vanik34 »

Hi everyone,
pass my 1z0-804 with 76% today.
Thank you to the enthuware team, the best tool to prepare for the exam.

PD: i think i did not post my 1z0-803 last year, also with enthuware mocks, and i got 85%.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, vanik34!
Glad to know our s/w was helpful in your preparation :)

Harvey Manfrenjensen

Post by Harvey Manfrenjensen »

Hi everybody,
i started to learn java in august 2017, i passed oca7 in december and today i passed ocp7 exam with score of 73%.
Thank you, Enthuware Team and Paul especially for your support, your communication is very quick,
my questions were answered within 24 hours. Your software is great! especially i like Leitner mode, i use it a lot for repetitions.
Regards, Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing! Glad to know that you liked our s/w and support.
All the best for your future!
Could you please post a review on https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TV ... =ewhome-20

thank you for your help!
Paul.

johnyjackson

Post by johnyjackson »

VictorLevitt wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:57 am
Clinton wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:01 pm

I would like to specially supplements thank Enthuware for helping me in my preparation for the exam. Apart from Enthuware, I also practiced the Chapter review questions from the OCP study guide book by Jeanne Boyarsky and Scott Selikoff. Many thanks to them as well :thumbup:

Regards,

Clinton Lobo
Congratulations Clinton and others who have posted their results here. I was researching about Enthuware and this is the best advertising that Enthuware can get. Now it is Enthuware for me!

studur

Post by studur »

Passed the OCA 1z0-808 with 84 % ! Thank you Enthuware for your great product. It gave me a lot of practice before taking on the real exam. The questions were strickingly similar. I will certainly get your OCP kit when I will be ready for the next one. In the mean time, summer vacations. Cheers.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great! Congratulations!!
Glad to know our product was helpful in your preparation :)

__JJ__

Post by __JJ__ »

Passed OCA 1z0-808 3 weeks ago with 92%, and passed OCP 1z0-809 today with 91%. Today was TOUGH! I was fighting panic mode all the way.

Big thanks to Enthuware, and many many thanks admin.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, JJ!

Rick84

Post by Rick84 »

Passed my OCP with 86%!

I passed my OCA just 5 months ago. In the meantime I worked with Java 8 a lot professionally, especially with the Stream API, so that helped a lot. After that assignment was completed, I had about 3 weeks of full-time study to focus on the OCP. I did all the practice exams from enthuware, and read up on the topics I wasn't too familiar with. My practice exam scores:

Foundation: 70%
Test1: 58%
Test2: 69%
Test3: 67%
Test4: 75% - This is when I scheduled my exam
Test5: 63%
Last day test: 58% - This is when I started to worry

I messed up the last two tests, but mostly because I overlooked small details. I spend some time revising the questions and the associated forum posts, and updated my notes accordingly. I found the actual exam easier than the enthuware tests. Luckily for me, the questions were more straight forward and didn't include as many small details to trick you. I took just over 2 hours to complete it and review the questions I had marked.

Compared to the OCA, the toughest thing about the OCP for me was to remain focussed. I had the same issue with the practice exams; after about 40 questions I just got bored and really didn't feel like completely analyzing the code snippets. Maybe if I had taken more time to revise it would have been easier. I had quite some questions where I didn't know the answer, but was able to guess based on what seemed the most logical. If I had prepared better, I guess it would have been less exhausting :).

Overall, the simulator is a great tool, both in recreating the experience of the actual exam and in covering all the necessary topics. So I'd like to thank the enhuware team again for the great product! I couldn't have done it without you.

I've included my notes. As before, they are mostly things I found odd or dificult about the language, and are not meant to be a complete overview of the subject matter. Nonetheless, I think they might be useful for others in their preparation.
Attachments
ocp notes.zip
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 942 times