About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.505 :

Moderator: admin

ETS User

About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.505 :

Post by ETS User »

It seems to me that both bean provider and application assembler may provide methode permissions. From the EJB 3.1 spec, section 17.3.2.2:

"The Bean Provider may use the deployment descriptor as an alternative to metadata annotations to spec-
ify the method permissions (or as a means to supplement or override metadata annotations for method
permission values). The application assembler is permitted to override the method permission values
using the bean’s deployment descriptor."

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.505 :

Post by admin »

You are right. This has now been updated.

thanks for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

krizsan

Post by krizsan »

Hi!
Strange, the above seems to indicate that the correct answers should be "bean provider" and "application assembler", yet the program tells me that I have answered incorrectly and the correct answers are "application assembler" and "deployer".
Best wishes!

Post by Guest »

krizsan wrote:Hi!
Strange, the above seems to indicate that the correct answers should be "bean provider" and "application assembler", yet the program tells me that I have answered incorrectly and the correct answers are "application assembler" and "deployer".
Best wishes!
At me too.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Should be really fixed now :shock: Please get the latest version of the question bank 1.24.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

krizsan

Post by krizsan »

Hi!
When I try to update, the program tells me that: Current major/minor version numbers are: 1/22
It also tells me that I am using version 1/22.
Thus it won't let me upgrade to 1/24.
Is there any place where I can download the upgrade manually?
Thanks!

krizsan

Post by krizsan »

Nevermind!
Found the download.
There still seems to be something wrong with the version check, as the program still claims that 1/22 is the lates version, while I now run 1/24.
The answer is indeed fixed in this version of the question bank - thanks! :)

rkbansal83

Post by rkbansal83 »

Explaination of this answer have below points
1 .security-role-ref: This is the name used by the bean code to refer to a security role. Since it is used inside the bean code, the bean provider specifies it in the deployment descriptor.

2. security-role: These are the logical roles that are available to the application. Since these are application specific, these are specified by the Application Assembler in the deployment descriptor. Also, since these are provided by the Application Assembler, the Application Assembler also has the responsibility of mapping security-role-ref to the security-role. Further, since the Application Assembler knows the business logic, she also specifies which bean methods can be called by which role using the <method-permission> tags.
The first point say that role-name inside the security-role-ref element is specified by bean provider, which is actually used in code (or can be specified using @DeclareRoles annotation as well)
For example in below, we have POMgr is the one which will be used by the code.

<enterprise-beans>
<security-role-ref>
<role-name>POMgr</role-name>
<role-link>myMgr</role-link>
</security-role-ref>

</enterprise-beans>

isn't this a logical role name ? If yes, then why second point is contradicting when saying that
logical role's are specified by the application assembler ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually, as per section 19.3, The Bean Provider and Application Assembler may be the same person and so a logical role can be specified by both.

HTH,
Paul.