About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v7.2.922 :

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

Javanaut

About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v7.2.922 :

Post by Javanaut »

Found another error - The explanation for this problem says that an object is created on line 8 with the same parameters when it is actually created on line 7

:ugeek:

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v7.2.922 :

Post by admin »

You are right, it should be 7. This has now been fixed.

thank you for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Javanaut

Post by Javanaut »

I think I have found 3 errors now. Do I qualify for the money-back ?

I really like this program and the forum. It is fun to help out even if I am not monetarily rewarded, though I was fired recently.

dtchky

Post by dtchky »

Myself as well, though I do not actually want my money back since I think the application is tremendously valuable regardless.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

javanaut, yes, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and corrections. We will be happy to issue a refund to you. please email us your orderid and I will do the rest.

dtchky, we are glad to know that you liked the s/w and the value it provides. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and corrections as well. If you so choose to claim the refund, we will be happy to provide it to you as well :)

The value that you've added to the product by providing your feedback is way more than the product purchase price. The refund is just a token of our appreciation for your help in making the product even more useful for others.

thank you,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

dtchky

Post by dtchky »

Thanks, we share the same outlook on value, certification exam for me next week. I've spent at least a couple of hundred hours taking (and retaking) all the enthuware tests, $10 plus some good feedback karma in return for a passing grade on the OCAJP, this adds a pretty important dot point on my resume, so I think I'd definitely pay a lot more for it just the way it is right now : )

Cheers.

exiart

Post by exiart »

It is assumed that "there is a Student class with appropriate methods", but the implementation may be any. For example:

Code: Select all

class Student {
	public static Student lastInstance;

public Student(String name, String no) {
		this.lastInstance = this;
	}

public void grade() {}

public String getName() {return null;}
}
And with this realization the answer is not "Line 6". What do you think?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It says "appropriate", not "any" :) Do you think returning null from a getter method is an appropriate implementation?

exiart

Post by exiart »

The point is not that my implementation is incorrect. I can make the correct, appropriate. I want to draw attention to the line in my code:

Code: Select all

this.lastInstance = this;
And after line6 (s=null), the object originally held in s, may NOT be garbage collected.

Ok) I understand you and I have to think easier :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, the question has now been updated to include implementation for Student class methods to avoid such confusion.

thank you for your feedback!