About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1408

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

Antot700

About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1408

Post by Antot700 »

This question lacks an instruction concerning the mandatory quotes to put into the answers.
That was very embarrassing to see that my answer was correct, but was not validated, just because of the quotes (the 4th input line contained a space after 'm').
You could either add an explicit statement about quotes in the question, or change the implementation by adding quotes automatically if they are not present.
Attachments
2013-05-01_enthuware_03.png
2013-05-01_enthuware_03.png (56.11 KiB) Viewed 4183 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1408

Post by admin »

Hi Antot700,
This question specifically asks you to enter the output produced by each statement. Each of those statements explicitly prints quotes in the output. So I am not sure what other instruction do you think is necessary. If you answer without quotes, your answer will be evaluated as incorrect.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Antot700

Post by Antot700 »

admin wrote: This question specifically asks you to enter the output produced by each statement. Each of those statements explicitly prints quotes in the output. So I am not sure what other instruction do you think is necessary. If you answer without quotes, your answer will be evaluated as incorrect.
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the explanation, I understand why it prints the quotes explicitly.
The problem is that when I was answering the question, I typed the correct output into the text fields and, when cheking the answers, the app considered my answers as invalid.
If explicitly typed quotes are necessary for the answers to be validated, it could be nice if there was just a hint like "(Please type your answers wrapped into quotation marks)" after the statement "Enter the output generated by the statements given on the left."

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I see your point. Will that statement to make sure the user doesn't forget about it.

thank you for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

renatumb

Post by renatumb »

In

Code: Select all

System.out.printf("\"%,d \"", i2 );
The result depends on the Default Locale.
So, 2,222 is not the unique answer possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are right. The locale has now been given as US in the question to avoid this confusion.

thank you for your feedback!