About Question enthuware.jwpv6.2.1197 :

Moderator: admin

jmkenny

About Question enthuware.jwpv6.2.1197 :

Post by jmkenny »

I have 2 questions regarding this question.

1-What is the "id" attribute in the third answer?

2-Why is the last answer false (because of the author attribute ?) ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.jwpv6.2.1197 :

Post by admin »

The id element is not really used for any practical purpose. My guess is that it there to identify the element in the xml file. Specification does not explain its purpose and none of the examples given in the specification use this attribute either.

HTH,
Paull.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

JoeAllen

Post by JoeAllen »

Similar to jwpv6.2.1053 :

The explanation:"Note that the mapping information contained within the tld file will always be loaded by the container. The <taglib> tag in web.xml is used to provide any additional taglib-uri mappings. And for those additional mappings, you will need to specify the taglib-location.".

But in HFSJ p485, it says,"when the Container begins to build the <uri>-to-TLD map, the Container will look first in your DD to see if you've made any <taglib> entries, and if you have, it'll use those to help construct the map.".

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can't comment on what is written in a book. We go by the specification.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

JoeAllen

Post by JoeAllen »

In jwpv6.2.1053 post, you seemed to agree with what the HFSJ book said and made the change. Shouldn't it be consistent here too?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If the book matches with the spec then yes.

mtmmjava

Post by mtmmjava »

Hi.
As you said:
"Specification does not explain its purpose and none of the examples given in the specification use this attribute either"
Should I care for this attribute for the exam, then? Probably won't be any questions on it, right?
I know, I know, it is good to know. But, does it make sense to say it most likely won't be in the exam at all?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it may not be that important for the exam. But I wouldn't say it will not be on the exam because it is part of the exam objectives.

HTH,
Paul.