About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.580 :

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

kezman9

About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.580 :

Post by kezman9 »

I think that explanation of the fourth option is not precise
EJBException is thrown for local clients when the bean method throws a system exception.
As per 14.3.1 table 15 in specification:
If bean method runs in transaction context of client and that method throws system exception javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException is thrown to the client.

Please clarify it if I'm wrong

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.580 :

Post by admin »

This exception is thrown for Remote clients, while the explanation is talking about local clients. http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/jav ... ption.html
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

kezman9

Post by kezman9 »

Table 15 from section 14.3.1 says that EJBTransactionRolledbackedException is thrown for:
Handling of Exceptions Thrown by a Business Interface Method or No-interface View Method of a
Bean with Container-Managed Transaction Demarcation
when system exception occurs.
I believe that No-Interface View is specific to local clients.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is really weird because there is a TransactionRolledbackLocalException for that purpose. http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/jav ... ption.html

In either case, you are right. While EJBException is correct (because both extend from EJBException), it is not precise.

thank you for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

kezman9

Post by kezman9 »

Yeah, it's a litlle bit confusing

The spec says that javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException is thrown for (table 17 in 14.3.2)
Handling of Exceptions Thrown by Methods of Web Service Client View or EJB 2.1 Client View of a Bean with Container-Managed Transaction Demarcation
when system exception occurs. So i believe this is EJB2 specific exception for local clients. Link to javadoc you've giben seems to confirm that (it's available since EJB2.0)

himaiMinh

Post by himaiMinh »

For option 4's explanation :
EJBException is thrown for local clients when the bean method throws a system exception.
I think with EJB 3 nowadays , EJBException is thrown for both local and remote client when the bean method throws a system exception unless the remote method throws RemoteException.

With EJB 1.0, EJBException was thrown for local client and RemoteException is thrown for remote client.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is correct. Explanation has been updated to make it clearer.
thank you for your feedback!