Failed 1Z0-803 after passing all practice tests

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

1stTiger

Failed 1Z0-803 after passing all practice tests

Post by 1stTiger »

Maybe I didn't study right or didn't learn anything from the practice tests, but somehow I failed the exam even though I passed all of the practice tests.

There seem to be some concepts on enthuware that are not covered on the exam like keywords, AssertionError, varargs, integer.min_value etc.. Also, there are some that are not emphasized like multi-catch exceptions and binary literals (int x = 0b100 and the result of doing int y = x + 1), using underscores in literals, string == vs. .equals etc.

It seems that most the questions aren't really important, but the concepts behind the explanations are incredibly important. Also, new questions need to be added I think.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Failed 1Z0-803 after passing all practice tests

Post by admin »

Hi,
I am very sorry to hear that you failed the exam. Here are a couple of points -
1. Score on Practice tests cannot indicate the level of your preparation because they contain questions of only one toughness level i.e. a practice test is either too easy or too tough.
2. Taking practice tests does not cover all the questions because a practice test just selects questions randomly. So even if you take the same practice test multiple times, it is possible that some questions may still not be selected. This also explains why you think some topics were not covered.
3. Practice tests are meant to be used only if you are following a book and are not depending on the the question bank to judge your level of preparation.
4. Taking the same practice test (or a particular Standard Test) multiple times is of no use because you will the questions will be repeated.

The right way to use the question bank, if you want to judge your level of preparation, is to take Standard Test one by one. If you fail a Standard Test, then you should read a book before moving to the next test. If you take all the Standard Tests, that will cover all the questions in the question bank and you will see questions on the topics you mentioned as well.

Please send me your orderid on email so that I can issue you a refund.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

1stTiger

Re: Failed 1Z0-803 after passing all practice tests

Post by 1stTiger »

admin wrote:
Please send me your orderid on email so that I can issue you a refund.
Nah, it is a good program with some important questions in it like 2d array initializations, main method initializations, etc. that were covered on the exam. I appreciate your efforts. Maybe I just didn't study too well. I probably should've used a more variety of learning material... Though, I actually was pretty close to passing (like in the range of 5%, so give or take 3-4 questions) so I think I could probably pass it the next time.