About Question com.enthuware.ets.scwcd.v5.2.347 :

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

bluster

About Question com.enthuware.ets.scwcd.v5.2.347 :

Post by bluster »

On this one the right answer is given as:
The Function class must have a method with signature: public static String transformString(String arg);
Would it not have to be:
public static java.lang.String transformString(java.lang.String arg);
Thanks for a clarification, if possible.

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question com.enthuware.ets.scwcd.v5.2.347 :

Post by admin »

Why do you think so? java.lang package is imported automatically by default in any java class.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

bluster

Post by bluster »

I am still baffled, but leaning towards the need for class full names. I found 3 sources that seem to imply the full class is needed, though I will be the first to say that the 3 together put a good case forward but nothing definitive, steel-clad. I hope something can be found that lays this to rest in either direction. Until then, readers be the judge.

1) Not quite a clear endorsement, but JSP.2.6.4 on the specs has an example of a string in a signature with the full string class name.
<function-signature>java.lang.String nickName(java.lang.String) </function-signature>
2) I found a definite ringing endorsement though in a less-reliable-than-specs source - an interaction on code ranch. FWIW the OP confirms the full class name was needed. http://www.coderanch.com/t/451032/JSP/j ... L-Function

3) Some might say I am burying the lead here, but the third source where it is definitely said the full class name is needed is K&B, page 395:
Just remember in the TLD to specify the fully-qualified class name (unless it is a primitive) for each argument.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

But the statement is talking about function class i.e. java code. Not the tld declaration.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

bluster

Post by bluster »

Got it. You are right, apologies.

bluster

Post by bluster »

Moderator- please move if there is a proper place.

Pardon if off-topic, but I found no place for this info on the site. I just passed the test with an 89%. Knew nothing when started. Two months of study, KB and these tests. If you do well here and on the mock tests on KB, you will be OK.