Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

FrodoBaggins

1z0-808 my "unhappy" experience..

Post by FrodoBaggins »

Hi.

Today I flunked the 808 exam :( ..

I just did not have enough time to finish it. 2 and a half hours seemed like much less. I had never seen any of the questions of the exam and save for perhaps one or two easy questions none of the programs I had were remotely similar to the Enthuware questions I got in the question bank. Why is that?

admin
Site Admin

Re: 1z0-808 my "unhappy" experience..

Post by admin »

I am very sorry to hear that you failed the exam. I am not sure what you mean by "none of the programs I had were remotely similar to the Enthuware" because we do classroom training also and our students have reported exactly the opposite i.e. all the questions in the exam were similar to what we have in our simulator. Were you expecting exactly the same questions? Also, how were you scoring in the mock exams? Did you pass our mock exams?

Could you please give a bit more details about the kind of questions that you got and the topics in which you scored less? We will certainly look into your feedback and incorporate it in improving the question bank.

Please do send us your orderid (on email, not here) so that I will process your refund.

thank you,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

FrodoBaggins

Post by FrodoBaggins »

Dear Admin.

I do not want a refund. I think that the ETS software is an excellent test tool. I happened to have done the Oracle Java IZ0-803 exam a couple of months ago and can assure you that questions I got on that exam were similar to the ones in your question bank. Not so yesterday. I do not remember one question similar in your question bank. I had updated to the latest version. There was a question on naught's and crosses, there was a question on masking the last pieces of a Credit Card. This is some of the code of other questions I remember:

Code: Select all

public static void main(String[] args) {
	StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(5);
	String s = "";

if (sb.equals(s));
	System.out.println("Match 1");
	} else if (sb.toString()).equals(s.toString())
	System.out.println("Match 2");
	} else {
	System.out.println("No Match");
	}
}
This one came.

class Vehicle {
	String type = "4W";
	int maxSpeed = 100;

Vehicle (String type, int maxSpeed){
		this.type = type;
		this.maxSpeed = maxSpeed;
		}
}
This one came:

abstract class Planet {
	protected void revolve() {  //line n1
	}

class Earth extends Planet {
	void revolve() {
	}

protected void rotate () {
	}
}
None of these are in the question bank as well as all the others I got in the test.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I took a quick look at the question bank and I found the following questions that seem very similar to what you encountered. You may check them out yourself and confirm:
1. Masking selected positions - enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1444 , enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1445
2. Equality of StringBuilder and Strings - enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1446 (See the explanation, it covers the kind of question you mentioned).

For the others, it is not clear what is it about from the code that you've posted. But if you can provide more detail, I will be able to point out the questions that cover similar situations thoroughly.

It seems like you were looking for exactly the same questions. We don't sell that and we don't advertise as such either. We do promise that if you pass any of our standard test in first attempt genuinely, you will pass the real exam.

Also, could you please share what books did you follow to prepare for the exam?

thank you,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

FrodoBaggins

Post by FrodoBaggins »

One of the books I used to study for this exam is "Java A Beginners guide 6th Edition" written by Herbert Schildt.

I have also been looking at a lot of video's on YouTube which have been very helpful.

I have submitted my score report.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you get a chance to look at the questions I mentioned? Please let me know if you could remember any other questions that you did not find in our question bank.
FrodoBaggins wrote: I have submitted my score report.
Where?

The book that you've mentioned is not meant for the exam. You might want to try the ones meant specifically for this exam.

-Paul.

FrodoBaggins

Post by FrodoBaggins »

Paul.

Thanks for your time.

The book I am using is a very good book that is updated to Java 8. Has everything you need to know about Java 8 from Lambda Expressions to Time and Date new commands.

I went to the:

"Click here to submit your scores if you have taken the real exam..."

on the ETS software and submitted my answers yesterday.

Yes I checked 2.444 and 2.445 but they did not pop out on the exam. I would remember I took it on Monday. When I took the 1Z0-803 exam instead lots of questions in your question bank came. Unfortunately for me I only downloaded your question bank after taking that exam. The questions in the exam had the same methodnames and same answers to the one in your ETS software. In this exam the questions save for two or three were not remotely similar to the ETS question bank.

There were lots of new programs I had never seen. Most of them had "does not compile" as one of the possible answers which when confronted with a new program makes it that much harder in the exam (at least for me). When I see a new piece of code it might take you a few minutes to work out if it compiles or not but it takes me much more time and when you have less than two minutes to answer per question like you do in the 808 exam you waste lots of time. I remember I wasted ten minutes on one question that I had never seen before (and probably got the answer wrong).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your feedback. We will work on it. However, I would like to reiterate that if you will not find the exact same questions in our question bank. We do not sell dumps.

I did enquire about the question regarding masking credit card bits with some of our candidates and they recognized that the qids that I mentioned above were very similar.

I also searched our question bank for questions containing "will not compile" as an option and I found more than 150 questions having this option!

Having said that, I do agree that this exam is tougher than 803. In fact, I did mention this in one of my posts on JavaRanch but not many believed: http://www.coderanch.com/t/644658/ocajp/certification/
You may post your experience there also.

BTW, please do send us your orderid.

thank you,
Paul.

FrodoBaggins

Post by FrodoBaggins »

Paul. I do not want a refund!
I will be attempting the exam again in 14 days.
I am not saying you sell dumps but some of the questions I got last time were in the Question Bank.