About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1448 :

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

prasanna_ls

About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1448 :

Post by prasanna_ls »

Do objects have behavior? Objects only have a state, right? Objects don't have the methods within themselves as far as I understand. They only have instance variables. They pass "this" along with the parameters to the methods which are in.... the Class class? Or the Class Object? I'm really confused here :?

prasanna_ls

Re: About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1448 :

Post by prasanna_ls »

Also, it's valid to say Classes can be reused. But is it valid to say that objects can be reused? As mentioned in the explanation, it is very ambiguous. "One can certainly call methods on the same object again and again." But that is just normal use right? There isn't any reuse there. Maybe they're referring to the String intern pool? The String objects there can certainly be reused.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

prasanna_ls wrote:Do objects have behavior? Objects only have a state, right? Objects don't have the methods within themselves as far as I understand. They only have instance variables. They pass "this" along with the parameters to the methods which are in.... the Class class? Or the Class Object? I'm really confused here :?
Classes define the behavior but it is the objects that behave. For example, the Dog class may define a behavior named eat or bark. But it is an actual Dog object that will eat or bark.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

prasanna_ls wrote:Also, it's valid to say Classes can be reused. But is it valid to say that objects can be reused? As mentioned in the explanation, it is very ambiguous. "One can certainly call methods on the same object again and again." But that is just normal use right? There isn't any reuse there. Maybe they're referring to the String intern pool? The String objects there can certainly be reused.
Right. That is why this option is too vague and ambiguous.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

flex567

Post by flex567 »

From the explanation:
This is not true because Java does have primitives as well (byte, short, char, int, long, float, double, boolean), which are not Objects.
Interfaces are also not objects.