Input on 1Z0-803 readiness

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

ixihiteboy

Input on 1Z0-803 readiness

Post by ixihiteboy »

Hi,

I been studying for the IZ0-083 and was hoping to take the exam in 3 days.

Here are my test results:

3/23 Starter test: 65%
3/25 Test 1 : 49%
3/28 Test 2 : 69%
3/30 Test 3 : 70%
4/01 Test 4 : 69%
4/02 Test 5 : 67%
4/02 Test 6 : 74%

The book I am reading to help with my study is the OCA/OCP Java SE 7 by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates. Between each test I have gone through all the question and explanations and make sure I understand the question. However I noticed with each test I take, I learned something new. I also tend to overlook minor details and making stupid mistakes.

I plan on spending Sunday reviewing all of the "Practice Tests" and "Objective-wise Test" to toughen me up and patching up any holes. I will then take the Last Day Test on Monday and hopefully feel confident enough to take the real thing on Tuesday.

I just wanted to have an idea on my progress and if I am actually ready for the test with the way things are going.

Best Regards,

Thai

admin
Site Admin

Re: Input on 1Z0-803 readiness

Post by admin »

1. If the scores that you've mentioned are the scores that you got on your first attempt (that means, you had never seen those questions before), then they are ok. They are not great but I think you preparation is good enough.

2. Since you have already taken all the standard tests, you have already seen all the questions in the question bank. There is no point in taking the practice or objectivewise tests now.

3. I would suggest you take a look at the questions that you've missed in all the tests and go through their explanation again.

4. Then take the last day test. If you score 74% or above, then you are good to go for the test.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.