- Download etsviewer.jar from http://enthuware.com/etsviewer/etsviewer.jar and save it to any directory. Let's say you save it to c:\downloads
After this step, you should have etsviewer.jar in c:\downloads
- Download the question bank file corresponding to which ever certification you want from http://enthuware.com/index.php/helpdesk/alldownloads
This page has Trial as well as Full versions of all the question banks. License is NOT required to download the full versions so pick the one you are interested in and save to any directory.
Let's say you download JA+ V7 Trial Question Bank from http://enthuware.com/downloads/japv7trial.ets and save it to it to c:\downloads directory.
After this step, you should have a question bank file with extension .ets in c:\downloads
- Open a command prompt and cd to the directory where you have downloaded etsviewer.jar. i.e. c:\>cd downloads
After this step, you should be on the command prompt in c:\downloads directory.
- Now execute the jar using the following command on the command prompt:
c:\downloads\>java -jar .\etsviewer.jar
If you are using JDK 9, please use this command:
java --add-exports java.desktop/com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows=ALL-UNNAMED -jar etsviewer.jar
This should launch ETS Viewer software. The following is a screen shot:
(If you get any error message, you probably do not have JDK installed on your machine. Please see this.)
- Click on the File -> Open menu of ETS Viewer. It will pop up a File browser, which you can use to browse to and select the Question Bank file that you downloaded.
- A License dialog as shown below will pop up. If you are using trial version, just enter your emailid and name and download the license. If you have purchased a license, you may either directly enter the license key or just enter your orderid and emailid and download the license.
- This is how it looks after successful installation: