Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Exam Result

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Toffefe!
Happy to know that our material was helpful in your preparation!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

314bjj

Post by 314bjj »

I passed yesterday the 1Z0-808 exam with 70%.
I have studied Enthuware tests for about 2 months before I had the exam and the questions there are indeed very similar to the practice ones.
The problem for me was the resolution of the screen in the Test center which made the questions difficult to read and the option to select the text of the question itself was not enabled. Nevertheless, at the end I had 30 mins left on the clock and I chose not to use them.
These were my practice Standard test results:
Last day test (Unique): 73%
Test 7: 68%
Test 6: 84%
Test 5: 75%
Test 4: 95%
Test 3: 91%
Test 2: 88%
Test 1: 88%

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations and thank you for the feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

studur

Post by studur »

I passed the 1Z0-819 exam yesterday with 82% !
I have been studying the OCP study guide and OCP Practices Exams from Boyarsky and Selikoff for the past 8 months. I used the Enthuware mock exams and the custom exam building functionnalities to fill my learning gaps. I did ca. 3200 practice questions and spent over 250h. But it finally paid off. The real exam questions were similar to the mock exams. Thank you Enthuware for this amazing product.
Here are my intermediate test grades:
Test 1: 58%
Test 2: 63%
Test 3: 70%
Test 4: 68%
Test 5: 67%
Test 6: 78%
Test 7: 70%
Test 8: 69%
Test 9: 65%
Test 10: 73%
Test 11: 67%
Test 12: 80%
Test 13: 80%
Test 14: 65%
Test 15: 65%
Test 16: 73%
Unique test 1: 66%
Unique test 2: 81%
Unique test 3: 75%

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Studur! Great job!! Thanks for sharing your mock test scores.

michalwadas

Post by michalwadas »

studur wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:28 am
I passed the 1Z0-819 exam yesterday with 82% !
I have been studying the OCP study guide and OCP Practices Exams from Boyarsky and Selikoff for the past 8 months. I used the Enthuware mock exams and the custom exam building functionnalities to fill my learning gaps. I did ca. 3200 practice questions and spent over 250h. But it finally paid off. The real exam questions were similar to the mock exams. Thank you Enthuware for this amazing product.
Here are my intermediate test grades:
Test 1: 58%
Test 2: 63%
Test 3: 70%
Test 4: 68%
Test 5: 67%
Test 6: 78%
Test 7: 70%
Test 8: 69%
Test 9: 65%
Test 10: 73%
Test 11: 67%
Test 12: 80%
Test 13: 80%
Test 14: 65%
Test 15: 65%
Test 16: 73%
Unique test 1: 66%
Unique test 2: 81%
Unique test 3: 75%
Are those average results of tests?

studur

Post by studur »

@michalwadas -> No these are my personnal tests scores. The tests where I failed contained questions not covered by the OCP study guide (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1119619130) such as
1. JDBC drivers handling prior to version 4.0
2. Security using PriviledgedAction

pakopakeo

Post by pakopakeo »

Good morning everyone.

On October 20, I pass the 1Z0-819 exam with 76%. I want to thank the enthuware team for all the help with the exam tests. The exam is easier than enthuware tests, so if you pass the tests you will surely pass the exam.

Greetings.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, pakopakeo!
Happy to know that our material was helpful in your preparation.

michalwadas

Post by michalwadas »

I failed today with score 59%

I did all tests around 75-82%

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry to hear that, michal. please share your experience about the exam. What do you think you lacked because of which you missed it. 75->59 is a huge drop. Did you get 75 - 82% score on the mock exams in first attempt?

michalwadas

Post by michalwadas »

admin wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:59 am
Sorry to hear that, michal. please share your experience about the exam. What do you think you lacked because of which you missed it. 75->59 is a huge drop. Did you get 75 - 82% score on the mock exams in first attempt?
I had like 2 or 3 questions which I didn't even know how to start (maybe out of scope?).
I know where I did few mistakes. I don't know maybe I was too stressed...
About my mock scores. I did all tests one after another and then I did them again (similar order, to take longer piece of time between same test).
75-82% in my case, let's say it is avarage of two tests.
Any suggestion what should I do next? Doing third time same mocks will not be a good practice I guess

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Taking the same test more than once is very dangerous. We have mentioned this in our FAQ also: https://enthuware.com/help/faq/112-faq/ ... -enthuware
Taking the same test twice -
You should never take the same Standard Test twice. This is because you will inadvertently remember the answers and you will invariably score a lot higher on this attempt. This creates a false sense of confidence, which will cause you a problem in the real test. Remember, your objective is to improve your score on the subsequent tests not on the same test.
Your score on the first attempt on a mock test is what you should look at.

But anyway, don't give up. Many people fail on their first attempt (but they don't tell about it), so that's alright. It is a tough exam. Try using another set of mock exams from another provider but follow the strategy given on the above link. Don't move to the next mock exam without thoroughly understanding the mistakes of the first mock exam.

downvoteit

Post by downvoteit »

Failed my proctored 1Z0-819 today with 65%.

My average mock test scores were between 61-63, with highest score being 68 for Test 9 and 80 for Test 10.

In general I am quite pleased with the result and how it all went.

It wasn't very hard, I had 20 minutes of surplus after traversing all 50 questions.

Some questions were trivial, 2-3 were time sinks and one was definitely out-of-scope so I just plainly took a guess before moving onto the next one.

My biggest problem was understanding what is going on. Some questions were like a wall of code with too much to parse and mentally keep track of.

Spent 4 months or so to prepare but every now and then I lost interest and the whole point of doing this human compiler training.

My online experience was very pleasant. I am mute so every telephone or webcam interaction for me is very silent but today it all went flawlessly.

I would definitely retake some time later after finishing with another certification.

All in all, Enthuware is a great resource. In hindsight I should have taken less time to prepare.

At most 2 months should be fine for this exam, much more cramming but under your usual flow state, better motivation and less doubt.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry to hear that, downvoteit. You came so close.
Yes, it does get tiresome after a while. Many people complain about the "human compiler" thing. Hopefully, Oracle will listen and improve on this.

thank you for your feedback!

tangjm

Post by tangjm »

Passed my 1Z0-808 exam today with a score of 90%.

Many thanks to the enthuware team!
The book by Hanumant Deshmukh was also very helpful in developing my understanding.

Test 1: 43%
Foundation Test: 74%
Test 2: 84%
Test 3: 74%
Test 4: 87%
Test 5: 93%
Test 6: 91%
Last Day Test(Unique): 81%

bhasaw

Post by bhasaw »

Just passed the 1Z0-811 exam with a score of 92%.

Many thanks to the enthuware team for providing such a wonderful tool and set of questions. Some of them actually did appear on the exam, and the level of difficulty of the enthuware questions as a whole was slightly higher. Although my exam did incorporate a couple very tough ones but overall, half of the exam is pretty easy. I am guessing that as this is a foundations exam they aren't trying to put it harder for unexperienced developers.

My Mock results where: 85%, 75%, 77% and final 83%.

I would like to empahasize that the explanations on the questions are very nice and that you do learn a lot from them. Thanks for creating such a wonderful tool, completely worth the money.

I studied using Hanumant Deshmukh's book which was written exclusively for this exam. And also complemented my revision with a few explanations of concepts around the web.

I started reading the book on thursday 17th feb, bought enthuware set of questions on friday night/or saturday morning... and took the exam yesterday (21st Feb). So it can be done in a few days.

Advice for test takers, they ask a lot about JDK, JRE and theory stuff about Java in general. Nothing crazy... but real world application of different Java versions (i.e. The ME edition they called it the Embedded version.. and my coleague got a question about what version of Java would you use for a Raspberry Pi, and in his set of answers he had Java Embedded which was correct as Raspberry Pi's are constructed with ARM chip which would be classified as an Embedded device). Important to distinguish what tools are used for which real life application... for example Web Start for an application where users from around the world can access the app... etc.

A lot of loop questions, Random and math class stuff will come up for sure, String utilities too... and know your constructers and methods well. It's pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps. I am going for 1Z0-819 next.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing the 1z0-811 exam, bhasaw! 92% score is amazing indeed. Glad to know that our material was helpful in your preparation. Thank you for sharing detailed feedback on the exam.

first1234zxc

Post by first1234zxc »

My experience with enthuware and exam results / study strategy - 92% Exam Score

I just did JFCJA(1Z0-811) and would like to share my experience to hopefully help people score and stay motivated. I prepared for JFCJA by going through the book on amazon written by someone related to Enthuware i believe and studied the exam using the Enthuware's mock exams alone. The book is by Hanumant Deshmukh and the url is https://www.amazon.com/OCFA-Java-Founda ... B08MVSBV86.

I spent 3 days studying intensely like it was my fulltime job. 1.5 days was spent reading this book and the other 1.5 days was spent on doing the mock tests from Enthuware and eventually I got a 92%. This book is good and well explained, but but I also thought Enthuware's mock test helped a lot for covering all the trick questions and extremely technical nuances that only can be found through practice questions and not just the book alone. Looking back, i don't think I would have done as well with just the book alone, I think the mock tests played a big part of my score.

I was quite sad at first when I did the mocktest because I felt like i was going to fail, but after revisiting the concepts after each attempt, I managed to gain back confidence which helped me score for the final exam by Oracle. I will be sharing my study strategy as below, hopefully that motivates or helps someone in scoring for their next exam, especially because my initial mocktests didn't have the best scores (which made me almost want to reschedule my exam).

Side note: Enthuware's mock test is extremely hard compared to the real test (but its useful)

Study strategy
1. Study the book
2. Do a mock test
4. Revise, concepts where you got wrong
5. Repeat steps 2-4

Test Scores
starter mocktest: 65%
official mocktest 1: 64% (failed)
official mocktest 2: 76%
official mocktest 3: 78%
official final exam: 92% (Oracle)

Lastly, just want to thank Enthuware for the good study materials(!) and I was quite amazed what I got out from just the book and mock tests alone. I would purchase again if I required another java certification. Thank you!

radupana

Post by radupana »

Have just passed the 1Z0 829 Java 17 exam with an 82%. I used Jeanne Boyarsky's Java 17 exam study guide and the Enthuware Java 11 question bank. There were only a few questions on new features such as switch expressions, sealed classes and records. I think I would've passed with just the Java 11 knowledge but it would've been tight.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, radupana!

bjpeter

Post by bjpeter »

I passed the 1Z0-829 and 1Z0-811 exams today!

About the 1Z0-829:
Every question was a wall of code. Ninety minutes is not enough time to go through all of them and then review each question. I only had enough time for one pass after answering all the questions. I had five minutes left when I submitted my exam. My score was 70%. To be honest, I only studied for maybe a week. I bought Enthuware's mock exams, and I was scoring in the mid-60s on all the unique tests. I only skimmed the book by Selikoff and Boyarsky. Why did I not study more? I was focused on studying for the VMware Spring Certified Professional EDU-1202 exam, and I passed that exam last Friday. (This exam is going to retire on June 30, 2022. If you are thinking about taking the replacement exam, you will have to take mandatory training, which costs $2,000+, I heard.) Next time, I will devote more time for studying.

About the 1Z0-811:
I decided not to study for this exam. I took this exam as soon as I was done with the 1Z0-829 exam after a quick break. My score was 90%. Two hours is more than enough time. I finished the exam in 45 minutes, and I only did one pass after answering all the questions.

I cannot view the results for my 1Z0-829 exam because CertView only shows the latest one. :lol: I will have to wait a while until the official score report gets populated on the main page.

My background:
I have been working with Java extensively for 10+ years. I received my first certification ten years ago today, and it was the OCPJP 6 certification.

Question:
Does Credly issue a badge for the OCPJP 17 certification? I don't see it listed on Credly's website. It might be because the certification is brand new.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing 1z0-829. It is a tough exam, so, 70% isn't bad.

But I am curious to know why did you take 1z0811? It is a beginner's exam and it is very easy compared to Ocp 17.

bjpeter

Post by bjpeter »

admin wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:45 pm
Congratulations on passing 1z0-829. It is a tough exam, so, 70% isn't bad.

But I am curious to know why did you take 1z0811? It is a beginner's exam and it is very easy compared to Ocp 17.
I just wanted another certification under my belt and pass two exams in one day. :)

mahed_yuba

Post by mahed_yuba »

Hi. I passed the 1Z0-808 exam on July 23rd and cleared it out with a score of 78%. I worked on Enthuware mock tests for 1 month and besides I got familiar with the questions structure and how it goes, I learned a lot with the explanations provided within every question. Great work you have done here guys with the quality, and I believe that the tests are not to take only one time, but as much as you need to understand things, not just to remember answers.
My concern now is about the next step. Should I prepare for the 1Z0-809 exam or go directly to 1Z0-819. Any advice guys ? Thanks !