Exam Result

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Exam Result

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Mahed_yuba! Happy to know that our material was helpful in your preparation.
Yes, it is ok if you take a test multiple times. But just don't give too much importance to the score you get on the subsequent takes.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

downvoteit

Post by downvoteit »

Has anyone attempted to pass OCP 829 with just OCP 819 knowledge plus casual new Java 17 API testing?

It seems tempting because the most mundane OCP 819 chapters like Security (including doPrivileged()) have been dropped from 829 and it doesn't seem anything more than just 819 +/- some minor topics.

From my understanding even a significant portion of enthuware mocks for 819 and 829 do have an overlap because there are even some questions in 819 mocks that date back to 2012 (Java 7?).

downvoteit

Post by downvoteit »

Finally passed OCP 819 with 70% just now (2-3 weeks of mocks), and 2 days ago 1z0-811 with 87%. Now I want to try OCP 829.

These were last proctored exams by Pearson Vue in English (Chinese and Japanese version are still purchasable). Oracle Exam Attempts are a bit more expensive due to some extra tax.
Last edited by downvoteit on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing the 819, downvoteit!

Yes, there is a lot of overlap between 819 and 829. So it is definitely possible to use 819 material as base and then supplementing it with 829 topics and be ready for 829. However, the money that you will save while doing so may not be worth the time that you will be spending in figuring all that out. So, I would not suggest you to do so. Also, even though the overlap in topics is quite substantial, the changes are not minor. I mean, they do impact a lot of areas. Of course, some things such as parameter passing, promotion/casting, object/reference are quite fundamental to the language, you will find several questions that were created 20 years ago for SCJP 1.2.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

sohamdatey22

Post by sohamdatey22 »

Thank you Enthuware, Thank you Paul.
I feel great to announce that I gave the 1Z0-819 exam yesterday,
and passed the exam with 85% I correctly answered 40/47 questions, 3 were unscored.
I gave the exam from home, in India.

There were few easy questions, few moderate, and few kind of tough ones.

1. There are not many questions having Compile Time error, Thus, you dont have to bother at each question that it will compile or not.
2. One or 2 questions were having 8-9 options, but were pretty logical, and were doable in time.
3. The main concepts to pass exam, I would suggest are,
  • Java Polymorphism
    Lambda Functions
    Streams, (streams having no terminal operations)
    Modules
With above these you can boost your confidence, as above topics have mutiple questions and easy ones.
Then comes,
Concurrency, JDBC, IO, NIO.
Also dont forget the Try with resources, Var keyword, and effectively final rules.

All the best the exam is quite easy, if you, look overall.
I am Full time, developer managing a team of 8 people,I am 27 years old, I started studying in July first week, and gave exam on 20 Oct, 2022
I was studying 2 Hrs average per day.

Resources:
1. Java 11 OCP complete Guide.
2. Enthuware Tests, Every Single one of them, I gave each of them in test settings, as If i was appearing in real exam.
Giving Exam One, Day, Reviewing each questions, Next Day, and Taking help from Admins, Paul Specially.
3. Java 11 OCP Practive tests, from authors of, Java 11 OCP complete Guide.
4. Let's get certified channel on youtube.

I am building a Community of Java developers, who want to appear for exam, ans also discuss every single question.
If you want to Join the community, please join Telegram channel : Java Certification - TLOG (t.me/tlogjavacert)

My Test Scores, I gave them only one time, Without Cheating what-so-ever, In Time limit of ( (108/60) * No of Ques =Minutes)

Objective-wise Tests - 08 Modules : 2022-10-19 17:45 ----88%
Objective-wise Tests - 13 Security : 2022-10-19 17:31-----70%
Objective-wise Tests - 06 Concurrency : 2022-10-18 19:39--90%
Standard Tests - Unique Test 3 : 2022-10-17 20:49---------88%
Standard Tests - Unique Test 2 : 2022-10-16 20:22---------88%
Standard Tests - Unique Test 1 : 2022-10-15 21:11---------88%
Standard Tests - Test 16 : 2022-10-14 23:48---------------89%
Standard Tests - Test 15 : 2022-10-13 23:26---------------89%
Standard Tests - Test 14 : 2022-10-11 21:33---------------83%
Standard Tests - Test 13 : 2022-10-09 18:57---------------83%
Standard Tests - Test 12 : 2022-10-07 09:47---------------90%
Standard Tests - Test 11 : 2022-10-06 09:41---------------81%
Standard Tests - Test 10 : 2022-10-05 00:23---------------87%
Standard Tests - Test 9 : 2022-10-03 21:18----------------87%
Standard Tests - Test 8 : 2022-10-01 15:17----------------77%
Standard Tests - Test 7 : 2022-09-30 15:41----------------83%
Standard Tests - Test 6 : 2022-09-28 09:20----------------79%
Standard Tests - Test 5 : 2022-09-27 09:40----------------85%
Standard Tests - Test 4 : 2022-09-25 23:20----------------69%
Standard Tests - Test 3 : 2022-09-25 12:27----------------73%
Standard Tests - Test 2 : 2022-09-24 11:13----------------83%
Standard Tests - Test 1 : 2022-09-21 11:13----------------73%
Objective-wise Tests - 04 : 2022-09-18 01:04--------------65%
Standard Tests - Foundation Test 3 : 2022-09-17 16:17-----88%
Standard Tests - Foundation Test 2 : 2022-09-16 23:41-----96%
Objective-wise Tests - 07 2022-09-14 01:02---------------60%
Standard Tests - Foundation Test 1 : 2022-09-11 13:20-----74%

If you want to Join the community, please join Telegram channel : Java Certification - TLOG (t.me/tlogjavacert)
Last edited by sohamdatey22 on Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, soham! Nice score and thanks for sharing your feedback!

JustinCrooks

Post by JustinCrooks »

Harveys Manfrenjensen wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2455 4:27 am
Hi everybody,
i started to learn java in august 2017, i passed oca7 in december and today i passed ocp7 exam with score of 73%.
Thank you, Enthuware Team and Paul especially for your support, your communication is very quick,
my questions were answered related to legal steroids within 24 hours. Your software is great! especially i like Leitner mode, i use it a lot for repetitions.
Regards, Paul
Click the file to access your exam result. Several days after results are released, a link to the list of passing candidates will be posted on the CAS website.

rejdegroot

Post by rejdegroot »

Passed 1Z0-829 with 88.9% today (such an odd percentage, i can't figure out how they got to this with any combination of correct answered questions / by marked questions). My average Mock exam scores (including Foundations) were 80%. Found the Enthuware questions to be fairly accurate of actual exam questions and they definitely helped me with my preparations.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, rejdegroot! Glad to know our product was helpful in your preparation.

Enthusiast

Post by Enthusiast »

Hi!
I failed the 829 exam...
Yet I think the enthuware test exams are very good for training and preparation. But the real exam is more difficult and packed with more longer coding questions, so there is a higher time pressure. After answering the last question I had about 4 minutes left.
And I had no questions about modules for example... :D
Well I guess I have to try again and need more preparation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry to hear that you failed the exam. Very surprised to hear that you did not have any question on modules in your exam.

berlot83

Post by berlot83 »

Hello everyone,
I just failed my proctored 1Z0-819 today with 63.8%

It was my first time in an OC certification attemp, i think that in general was easier than the Enthuware mocks, but, at 35 question the time was running out, less than 25 minutes, and mostly cannot read the next questions with clarity. So i felt panic and choose badly the last 15.

Someones of those 15 i think it was OK, like JDBC 4.0 etc, but the others need more time to analize them.

Some things that i could not remember to see en the mock exams was something like -> run console "JAVA_OPTS=xxxxxx -no-verification" or something like that.
and has 4 options.

Too much StringBuilder questions... more than Strings questions i think, i don't remember secure coding guideline.

I start in Enthware month ago with 38%, a very low score and ended a week before of the test with My highest score in enthuware was 60%.

Deferred question was'nt so helpful, instant evaluation increase the agility, because sometime i just ended the mock exam, and for -> time reasons cannot read all the test again in reverse mode goin back from the end.

So with the instant evaluation could check were i was weaker and i just went straight to read those topics.

I hope next time could pass it.

Axel.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry to hear about your score. Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback.
Surprised to hear about JAVA_OPTS and -no-verification because these are not standardized java or javac options. We haven't see anyone getting a question these in the exam, so please provide more details if you recall as that will be helpful to other candidates.

Also, Exam contains trial questions which do not count towards the final score of the candidate and it is possible that questions on JAVA_OPTS and -no-verification are such trial questions.

berlot83

Post by berlot83 »

The question was like -> someone in your company want to execute with this -> "JAVA_OPS=Xmx818 -no-verification" (please don't take it as literals but yes the -no-verification at the end).

What do you do?,
"accept and run it"
"reject by security becuase could be a security risk"
(please don't take it as literals).

Really i don't remember the exact answer but i do remember the four options y i'll never forget the "-no-verification".

I think it was a -> time consuming question, i've loose almost 2/3 minutes trying to thinking that, and even if i takes more minutes at the end did'nt know the answer... so chose the not execute for a security risk. certainly it was wrong, but for the next time if i see questions like this i'll skip it fast.

Axel.

mdababi

Post by mdababi »

Thank you Enthuware.
I passed the 1z0-819 exam with 87.2% I correctly answered 41/47 questions.
I studied the exam for two months using Java 11 OCP complete Guide and Enthuware Tests.
I first studied the Java 11 OCP complete Guide for about one month.
Then I took the foundation tests and the 16 other tests. My average score was about 80% (scores between 72 and 87%).
I took notes about failed questions and I studied them.
After that I took the three unique tests. My score was 87, 85 and 75%.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, mdababi!

justhere

Post by justhere »

I passed 1Z0 829 with 72% earlier today. :joy: I don't think I could have made it without enthuware tests, so I would like to thank you so much for providing the tests.

I learned from the Boyarsky Java 17 guide and also went through most questions on the test book, I went through Tim Buchalka's Java 11 prep course on Udemy and went through all the enthuware tests. I found the questions from the guide / test book rather frustrating as there was way too much focus on spotting compiler errors rather than testing the knowledge of the material. I think I had less than five questions on the exam that even offered compilation error option. I have seen other people on here mention that every question was a wall of code on 829, but that wasn't my experience. Most questions were pretty brief, the last 10 questions or so were longer (three of them were about Serialization). I went through all the questions and still had around 40 minutes to go which left me enough time to review all of them again and I think I still finished prior to the time limit.

Even though you are given a time at which you will start the exam, mine actually started earlier - once the check in was done, I was able to start the exam directly.

In the end, I though that the exam was easier than enthuware's mock tests, so while initially I just wanted to pass, I was oping for a score closer to 80% after seeing the questions, but oh well...

The enthuware mock tests were very close to the actual exam. I went through all foundation, 20 standard tests, the 4 unique testsas well as the most missed and very tough tests. I went against the enthuware recommendation which was not to retake tests and only to take the next one after studying a book after failing a test. I actually failed most of the enthuware tests, LOL. I started with them in early March and back then I was not even able to pass the foundation tests, so I went through them several times until I was comfortably in 85+ range on those while also going through one chapter of the Boyarsky book every day. Starting with the standards I as barely able to reach 50% at the start, after retaking the exams just like with the foundation tests, I gradually moved to around 55% and then around 60%. My highest score on a standard test on a first try was 76%. On the unique tests my scores were 76%, 67%, 84%, 51%.

The approach I took with the tests was that I went thoroughly through the comments on the answers for each test and I wrote down the information to my notes, not only on the questions I got wrong but also anything that was new information to me and then went over the notes several times. When I redid any tests, I made sure that I was able to reason for myself why I was picking the choice that I was and not just picking the result I remembered from a previous time.

I don't have any professional experience with Java, I've been learning it intensively over the past 6 months and preparing specifically for the exam since early March. I did a lot of cramming in that last month, learning up to 10 hours a day.

In the end it's journey before destination and I will value the things that I learned along the way and in that the explanations provided by enthuware were the most helpful. Hopefully, I will now be free of doing the human compiler thing several hours a day for a while.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing the exam, justhere! Happy to know that our material was helpful in your preparation.
Thanks a lot for sharing your preparation strategy and exam experience. It is invaluable to other candidates.

suapelol

Post by suapelol »

Hello all,

Just posting my exam results here. I achieved an 84% in Java OCA 8.

Initially, I used whizlabs for the majority of my prep; however, after reading a bit more on reddit, I decided to give enthuware practice tests a try.
I can confidently say I would have gotten in the 60-70 range using whizlabs only. Enthuware is a must for OCA.

Also, I generated a megatest with all the very tough and real brainer questions and tried to understand each of them deeply. I think it was a good strat. (On the day of exam)

I can confirm, almost no questions on the real exam were "real brainers." What makes the exam difficult is the fact you go minus 250 if you fail. I froze for the first 15 minutes and only did 4 questions as that sunk in.

My scores in order of date taken:
Ex1: 70
Ex2: 79
Unique1: 71
Ex8: 73
Unique2: 80

PS: I speedran enthuware, only using it for 1 week, still worth the money. If you have a solid Java foundation, enthuware into testing in 2-3 weeks is very doable.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on passing, suapelol! and thank you for sharing your detailed feedback!

blocker147

Post by blocker147 »

Passed 1Z0-819 exam with 92% from home in Latvia.

About my experience:

2-3 years of work as a Java Back-End dev mainly with Spring Framework. So I don't need to use pure Java at work. Most of topics like: I/O, nio, modules, nested classes, casting/boxing/unboxing, overloading, overriding with different return types, generics and wildcards, concurrency, build-in functional interfaces and their methods, JDBC, localization are not something I use daily. (Almost every topic which is required for exam :D)

About my preparation:

1) Course 1: https://www.udemy.com/course/java-se-11 ... se-part-1/
2) Course 2: https://www.udemy.com/course/java-se-11 ... se-part-2/
3) Book: OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 11 Developer: Complete Study Guide Exam 1Z0-819 and Upgrade Exam 1Z0-817
4) Enthuware tests:
1.1) Test 1: 62%
1.2) Test 2: 62%
1.3) Test 3: 83%
1.4) Test 4: 75%
1.5) Test 5: 79%
1.6) Test 6: 62%
1.7) Test 7: 77%
1.8) Test 8: 75%
At some point understood that I have less results in some topics (modules, generics, security, so tried to improve in these topics)
1.9) Test 9: 70%
1.10) Test 10: 69%
1.11) Test 11: 74%
1.12) Test 12: 76%
1.13) Test 13: 78%
1.14) Test 14: 63% (this probably because I tried to complete to many of tests in one day ~3 tests, so I loose focus)
1.15) Test 15: 80%
1.16) Test 16: 82%
I think at this point I could have higher results because during completion I identified my gaps and learned.
5) And some links from enthuware tests on java documentation, oracle security recommendations, module usage

~ Spend about 300 hours of real time to prepare (~2-3 hours in day -> 150 - 180 days because not every day I can/want learn)

About exam process:

Ultra strange exam from home. Pressed Start Exam button. One program was opened on my screen like browser with 2 tabs, first with Exam, second with Zoom. I connected to zoom meeting with camera and no micro (voice is not required). ~25 people in a call I assume they all participants. First strange thing: no one asking to provide any identification(driver license or similar things), just on zoom screen you see that you can go to Exam page and write your code, which you see on the screen. So I started the exam. Some questions were very huge in terms of description I had to scroll down to read full question (~3-5 such questions) so I skipped them, some were very small like 1 line of statement and 1 option to choose from 4 lines. I was able to complete exam in time. But second strange thing: when about 15 min left for me to complete to exam, I checked summary of questions to see which I skipped and what I realized, that my camera is off, I checked zoom tab and nothing there. I had no idea what does it mean: or I disconnected, or they closed connection, so I returned back to exam and completed all skipped questions. Submitted Exam, saw the results and looks like everything is ok no issues because of this strange zoom call interruption.

My point of view about preparation:

1) Udemy courses: I think that taking udemy courses which I completed are unnecessary because they provide way deeper examples, than exam has. Totally do not recommend them, I spent about 100+ hours of real time on them (to view them, to complete some tests, to document everything, to practice code).
2) Book: ultra important and is the main source of knowledge to prepare for the exam.
3) Enthuware tests: also important because you can see examples of code, on which you probably won't pay attention on exam. But answers options in enthuware tests are more harder to exclude. On exam it's easier to exclude wrong options, because some examples simply will not compile and it is clearly visible. You just know that 3/4 will not compile or give totally different results without any doubts.

Summary:

I learned a lot about Java and for me it was very important to get this knowledge, now I can call my self a truly Java developer :), and I'm very glad that I can forget this preparation nightmare, and I wish good luck to everyone who plan to pass any of Java exams!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, blocker147! Excellent score :cheers:
Thank you for the detailed feedback on the exam :thumbup:

ranjusha

Post by ranjusha »

Hi,
I am preparing for OCP 1Z0-819 and ordered book Java SE 11 Programmer 1 Exam Fundamentals, is this book sufficient or should i use any other book because i did not find book related 1Z0-819.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, this book is not for 1z0819 and is not sufficient for it. It covers only the first half of it.

gosheymj

Post by gosheymj »

Thank you again for your support. Yesterday I passed the 1Z0-829 (Java SE 17 Developer) exam with 86%. After studying the Boyarksy/Selikoff guide and corresponding practice tests books, I took all 16 of your standard tests, the 4 unique tests and a few of the topic-based tests. My average on your software was 75%. I'm nearly certain that if I had not purchased your software I would not have passed because (in my opinion) your materials very closely reflect the test experience in terms of difficulty, range of topics, etc. This is the second time over the years that I've used your materials to pass Java certifications and I remain very impressed.

Thank you again for the support.
Michael Goshey