About Question enthuware.jwpv6.2.582 :

Moderator: admin

himaiMinh

About Question enthuware.jwpv6.2.582 :

Post by himaiMinh »

Let me add one more listener:
Any class annotated with WebListener must implement one or more of the ServletContextListener, ServletContextAttributeListener, ServletRequestListener, ServletRequestAttributeListener, HttpSessionListener or HttpSessionAttributeListener interface.
Let me add "as well as AsyncListener."

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.jwpv6.2.582 :

Post by admin »

JavaDoc description of this annotation doesn't mention AsyncListener: https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/ja ... tener.html
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

johnlong

Post by johnlong »

Any class annotated with WebListener must implement one or more of the ServletContextListener, ServletContextAttributeListener, ServletRequestListener, ServletRequestAttributeListener, HttpSessionListener or HttpSessionAttributeListener interface.

Where did you get this requirement? Could you please indicate source?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

johnlong wrote:Any class annotated with WebListener must implement one or more of the ServletContextListener, ServletContextAttributeListener, ServletRequestListener, ServletRequestAttributeListener, HttpSessionListener or HttpSessionAttributeListener interface.

Where did you get this requirement? Could you please indicate source?
Section 8.1.4, Servlet 3.0 specification.

HTH
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

johnlong

Post by johnlong »

Thanks.

1. I have annotated my class @WebListener and my class implements AsyncListener and works fine.
2. Also I am able to annotate my class @WebListener not implementing any Listener interfaces at all.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Some times servlet containers fail to adhere to the specification 100%. The reason could be a mistake or something that only they can tell.

johnlong

Post by johnlong »

Ok, but then according to specification we cannot annotate AsyncListener as @WebListener?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can annotate any class with @WebListener if the class implements one of the valid interfaces for being a web listeners i.e. HttpServletListener, ContextListener etc.

johnlong

Post by johnlong »

I am very sorry, I did not get your last explanation.