enthuware.jwpv6.2.646

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

RoyEL1

enthuware.jwpv6.2.646

Post by RoyEL1 »

Answer:
servletContext.getEffectiveSessionTrackingModes().contains(SessionTrackingMode.URL)

to me seems like a better answer, in reading through the JavaDoc for ServletContext, this method will list what is currently in effect and not just the defaults. So IF prior to this method call there was
servletContext.setSessionTrackingModes(...) call then getEffective... would be better than getDefault...

I'm I wrong in my understanding?

admin
Site Admin

Re: enthuware.jwpv6.2.646

Post by admin »

The question is asking for session tracking modes that the container is configured to support. Not for the ones that are currenlty effective. So I think the given answer is correct.
HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

RoyEL1

Post by RoyEL1 »

Thanks.

denis

Post by denis »

I agree with RoyEL1. In my opinion the word "currently configured" things includes the calls to setSessionTrackingModes() which I could have decided to include in my programmatic configuration temporary to modify the default tracking modes so the currently configured tracking modes are the result of all of my current configuration, programmatic or not.

If the word "support" were added to the question I will agree that the answer has to be the "default" tracking modes as this is the list that the container actual support.

Anyway I feel this question is rather confusing.

Best Regards,
Denis

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The problem statement has been updated to make this clear.

thank you for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.