About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.290 :

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

himaiMinh

About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.290 :

Post by himaiMinh »

Just for discussion. There are two other ways to solve this performance issue:
1. we can use invokeAsyn() method in Dispatcher on the client side, so that the clients don't need to wait for the service's response.
2. Or, extend the existing WSDL by using <enableAsyncMapping>true</enableAsynMapping>. Then, generate the artifacts on the client side. The client can call the asynchronous methods.

himaiMinh

Re: About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.290 :

Post by himaiMinh »

I think I can answer my own question.
On the client side, we can use either invokeAsyn method from Dispatch interface or call the asynchronous methods from the generated artifacts. But this means the service is asynchronous, supporting 2 one way request/response. That means the service can receive the request and send acknowledgement and then the service can callback the client when the response is available. Usually, JEE containers support asynchronous EJB based or servlet based services.

In the question, if the container cannot support asynchronous services and the synchronous services cannot be refactored into asynchronous services, using the client side's cache is the only solution.

fjwalraven

Re: About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.290 :

Post by fjwalraven »

Just note that the real problem is on the server-side. It can't handle all the incoming requests in time. Obviously you would consider refactoring the service into an asynchronous service, however that is not one of the given possibilities.

Creating an asynchronous client won't help either as the problem is not that this particulair client is blocked. Various clients experience problems which will still be the case if you make the clients asynchronous.

Regards,
Frits