Exam vs Mock

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

jaderss

Exam vs Mock

Post by jaderss »

Hello all,

Today I passed in the exam. Score = 72%

The exam has several problems. I noticed that same question was replicated 2 times. And it's ocurred with 2 questions.

Furthermore, I think that the focus in real exam is on questions taken from specification. There are few questions about practical webservices implementation. I didn't like my score after all. In the mock exam my average score was 90%. Bad luck of mine. :-(

fjwalraven

Re: Exam vs Mock

Post by fjwalraven »

Today I passed in the exam. Score = 72%
Well, first of all: congratulations on your pass. This definitely is a good achievement!
he exam has several problems. I noticed that same question was replicated 2 times. And it's ocurred with 2 questions.
I also experienced a couple of problems myself: overall I found the real exam of poor quality. I encountered a couple of mistakes inside the real questions. Apart from that a good number of questions came directly from the EE5 exam on pretty old topics (totally not relevant topics anymore in current day Web Service design). I was also a bit disappointed that there was not much about JAX-RS.
Furthermore, I think that the focus in real exam is on questions taken from specification.
If it only were! I knew all the different specifications by heart. This certification is totally different from the other EE6 certifications which are specification-based exams. Especially the best practices questions are difficult to prepare for. There is no literature to study from other than to browse the internet and read articles from around the year 2000...
I didn't like my score after all. In the mock exam my average score was 90%. Bad luck of mine.
Don't worry about the score too much. If you could pass all the mock exams at around 90% then you definitely learned the Web Service topic thoroughy! I am pretty sure it will help you in your daily job.

Kind regards, and thank you for your feedback,

Frits