exam passed and Enthuware thanks !

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

bianca_culea

exam passed and Enthuware thanks !

Post by bianca_culea »

Hi,
I would like to thank Enthuware for the very usefull mock exams!
I passed yesterday with 87% !
For exam preparation I also used OCEDJWCD Study Companion/Charles Lyons.

My new target is now 1Z0-897 - Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Services Developer.
Can you advice me about the best (step-by-step) study guide which togheter with mock exams will help me to achieve this goal?

Thank you again !
Bianca Culea
Romania

fjwalraven

Re: exam passed and Enthuware thanks !

Post by fjwalraven »

Hi Bianca!

Congratulations on passing the WCD exam :thumbup:

The WebServices exam is much more difficult in terms of preparation material. It is regarded the most difficult developer exam and you can better first do the EJB and JPA exams. It is more theoretical than all the other exams (not counting the Architect exam)

There is not one book covering all the aspects of the exam. There is also not one specification to learn but multiple.

The best way to find out how to prepare is to read the stories on https://coderanch.com/c/certification or https://coderanch.com/f/80/java-Web-Services-OCEJWSD. You can use the search button to find the right topics.

I summarized all the important materials here: https://coderanch.com/wiki/659895/OCEJWSD-Links.

My advice: don't start using the mock exams until you have a solid base (which means after studying most of the important stuff).

I hope I didn't discourage you.

Kind regards,
Frits

bianca_culea

Post by bianca_culea »

Hi again,
I just passed Oracle Certified Expert - Java EE 6 Web Services Developer exam (81 %) and I want thanks you and Enthuware for very useful tests.

You was right, the exam was not easy but the most difficult that in the real exam I found was the English used for some questions and the possible answers options.
For me it was terribly stressful because, nicely said, I do not speak native English and “the wisdom” of many of the questions was difficult to catch. I had at least 2 questions where I did not fully understood “the context” and another 2-3 where I did not understood exactly “the assertions” of the answer options. These questions were not very heavy but they were complicated in English, with "unknown" words that nuanced the meaning of the question and I lost a lot of time to understand what it is all about! ..I felt what the inequality of chances meant, in a way...!
So, the lesson is "Be prepared for !"
But over all it was a very nice journey, I enjoyed doing this and your tests helped me do not get lost in the jungle of APIs.
Thank you again!!
PS. Finishing this, I remembered a movie, "Finding Nemo" and it last replica: " …and now, what? ”
?
Best regards,
Bianca

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

I just passed Oracle Certified Expert - Java EE 6 Web Services Developer exam (81 %) and I want thanks you and Enthuware for very useful tests.
Fantastic! Congratulations, that is wonderful!!!
You was right, the exam was not easy but the most difficult that in the real exam I found was the English used for some questions and the possible answers options.
Some questions are indeed ambigious and not to mention the bugs in the presentation layer (I got some questions that contained code that where impossible to read...)
PS. Finishing this, I remembered a movie, "Finding Nemo" and it last replica: " …and now, what? ”
Go for the EJB and JPA exams: very useful if you want to become an EE developer. But enjoy the lack of stress first :D

Kind regards and thank you for your message!
Frits