About Question enthuware.ocmjea.v6.2.148 :

javatuz

About Question enthuware.ocmjea.v6.2.148 :

Post by javatuz »

Wrong answer?

Webservice and SFSB ist correct?

-> The HTML UI uses an HttpSession object, native clients create a session management object.

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.ocmjea.v6.2.148 :

Post by admin »

As per the given requirement, we want both kind of users (browser based and app based) to be able to store conversational state on the back end. If you use SFSB, then it can be used by both kind of clients.

If you use HttpSession for one and SFSB for another then you will have to duplicate the logic in two places.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

carlosegborges

Post by carlosegborges »

I've had the same question as javatuz did.

The problem is that SFSB cannot either be exposed like a web service or be used by a SLSB exposed like a web service. So, I think that the correct answer is using HttpSession for both the HTTP UI and native client. The native client can do this by using Stateful JAX-WS Web Services Using HTTP Session.

What do you think?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Why do you need SFSB to be exposed like a webservice? An SFSB can be accessed easily from the servlet part the webapp.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

carlosegborges

Post by carlosegborges »

Indeed, but using servlet I will be able to use HttpSession, making SFSB useless. Nonetheless, to use SFSB through servlet, I'll need to create a HttpSession to store the reference to SFSB, right?

Thats whay I thought that the correct answer is using HttpSession for both.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you use httpsession, how will u use it with a native client?