About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.444 :

Moderator: admin

weera.zap

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.444 :

Post by weera.zap »

When the question mentioned about "client", the first thing came to my mind was whether the client is remote or local. In case of remote client, the answer is correct.
What about if this is a local client(I am referring to another EJB application which is running in the same JVM). Then we would need this XLocal interface in ejb-client-jar. Isnt it?

Could you please clarify on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,
The question says, ".. used by the client application, which is separate from the EJB application". So it is clear that it is a remote client. It doesn't matter if this application is run in the same JVM or not. If the EJBs are not part of this application, the client cannot access the local interfaces.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

weera.zap

Post by weera.zap »

My understanding was, local client is ought to be running in the same JVM where it is not mandatory to be in the same application(as we access local bean through JNDI lookup). But according to the specification, it is not required. For the sake of others who are viewing this thread, I am just copy and paste the section.
Access to an enterprise bean through the local client view is only required to be supported for local clients packaged within the same application as the enterprise bean that provides the local client view. Compliant implementations of this specification may optionally support access to the local client view of an enterprise bean from a local client packaged in a different application. The configuration requirements for inter-application access to the local client view are vendor-specific and are outside the scope of this specification. Applications relying on inter-application access to the local client view are non-portable.
Thanks Paul for the clarification.